The Administrative Logistics and Procurement Associate will be involved in all facets of internal logistics and procurement in support of inSupply operations and implementation
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
inSupply Health is an independent, regional advisory firm based in Nairobi that is pioneering new approaches to improve public health supply chains in East Africa. Drawing on the experience of our John Snow Inc. (JSI) affiliation, our dynamic team of local consultants works closely with public and private sector clients to design optimized, customized, and resilient supply chain systems. inSupply deploys systems that deliver essential health products such as antimalarial and HIV medications, vaccines, and contraceptives in complex settings. We take proven methodologies from the commercial sector and adapt them to local conditions. We involve our clients closely in shaping their supply chains so they can own, implement and continuously improve their systems over the long term. We specialize in: developing supply chain maturity strategies, building organizational capacity for supply chains, designing and implementing data-driven, optimized supply chain systems, and quantifying health commodity needs. inSupply doesn’t just help our clients select the right technology for better supply chain management. We also invest in people and processes, helping to build a culture of data use and continuous improvement.
The Administrative Logistics and Procurement Associate will be involved in all facets of internal logistics and procurement in support of inSupply operations and implementation. S/he will work under the direction of the Finance and Operations Manager and will work closely with all the inSupply domains and projects.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Administration & Logistics
- Organizing meetings, workshops, conferences, and other office events, taking minutes during meetings, and distributing them efficiently to concerned members.
- Organizing travel arrangements for both local and international staff, including flight bookings, hotel Bookings, and ground transportation, coordinating visa applications, and draft invitation letters.
- Review and update the activity calendar and present during weekly meetings.
- Perform checks on project vehicles and mileage tracking. Keep track of when the vehicle is due for service, insurance renewal, and any other form of maintenance.
- Responsible for monitoring transportation patterns, goods and employees, with a key focus on timeliness, efficiency, security, and legality.
- Responsible for project assets and inventory management; keeps records of all issued and returned assets.
- Conduct regular checks on office-based assets, update the asset tracker, have new assets insured in a timely manner, and quarterly share a report on the status of the company assets indicating the current value of each asset.
- Coordinate procurement processes ensuring they are in line with different donor guidelines and inSupply Health SOPs.
- Request for quotations where applicable, prepare bid analysis and share for review and approval.
- Assist in compiling vendors' documentation for payments (Invoices, delivery notes, bid analysis, approvals, policies, and other supporting documents)
- Manage inventory and account for usage and regular supplies of stationery, fuel, motor vehicles, etc.; and coordinate drivers’ activities.
- Following and enforcing the company's procurement policies and procedures.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Receives and reviews delivery documents following receipt of deliveries
- Any other duties assigned.
Given that inSupply Health is a young, start-up organization, our ideal candidate should have an entrepreneurial mindset, passionate, energetic, flexible, curious, self-driven, and team-oriented.
- Bachelor's degree in Procurement, Logistics, Administration or a related field is required.
- At least 1-2 years of work experience working in procurement, logistics, supply chain, and administration.
- In-depth knowledge of procurement and logistics best practices
- Good oral and written communication, presentation, organizational skills, and negotiation skills.
- Extremely strong attention to detail, ability to take initiative, be self-managing and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of an internationally diverse team.
- Ability to work comfortably in the Google Suite and MS Office package, specifically Google Docs/MSWord, Sheets/Excel, Access, Visio, and Slides/PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Calm, soft-spoken and has the ability to handle confidential matters.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned.
- The ideal candidate must be meticulous in how s/he conducts their duties.
How to apply
This is a full-time position based in Nairobi, Kenya. Interested candidates should submit their CV and one paged cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Administrative Logistics and Procurement Associate. inSupply shall review the CVs on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. inSupply is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status, or other protected characteristics. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
inSupply does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted using a company’s email address.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured