• Prepare, monitor annual budgets & track expenditures through analysis of business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations.
• Ensure internal control in finance is in place and fully complied with as per company policies and procedures intended to safeguard financial resources and assets from risk.
• Ensure that all end month processes are carried out, periods are properly closed and provide accurate and timely financial reports and forecasts.
• Review the interest expenses and payments, installment taxes, dividends and ensure the company has the adequate cash flow to support its business operations.
• Oversee the companies’ ledgers, that is, General Ledger to ensure financial transactions are recorded, processed and analyzed in line with the laid down policies.
• Oversee classification of all expenses to various cost centres in line with the approved budget.
• Ensure accurate record keeping of expense policy by defining allowable business costs and ensure allocation as per the policy.
• Ensure bank reconciliations are done consistently and outstanding items are addressed from time to time.
• Coordinate and oversee the internal and external audit of the accounting records and financial statements and implementing all recommendations on a timely basis.
• Constant audit and analyse the loan book to ensure consistent application of the business rules and reconciliations.
• Ensure compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards, statutory requirements, legal requirements and Company policies and procedures and taxation and other regulatory requirements.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized university.
• A professional qualification with an acknowledged accounting body such as ACCA, CPA or equivalent
• Must have at least 7 years’ of relevant work experience in a similar role.
• Very good knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
• High level of analytical, performance management skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Excellent reporting, communication and presentation skills.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs. 80, 000 – 120,000 (Approx. 800 – 1,200 USD) depending on skills and experience.
Career Level: Lower Mid-level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 9th October 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***