Master’s degree in business, Finance, Economics or other related field from a recognized university.
- Minimum Qualification: Masters
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Premier Hospital is a specialized private hospital located in Nyali, Mombasa offering high quality emergency, outpatient and inpatient care. We have a patient centered culture, and our approach is to provide comprehensive healthcare, which is focused on all aspects of patient’s health and overall well-being. Our service delivery model is anchored on Compassion, Care and Competence.
The Hospital seeks to recruit an ideal candidate for the following position.
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the CFO will provide strategic leadership in business and financial planning, monitoring, management and reporting to support the attainment of the hospital’s strategic goals and objectives.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop a strategic financial plan and financial operating model for the Hospital.
• Provide leadership in finance and administrative aspects of the Hospital including overseeing areas of Accounting, Admitting/Registration, Patient Financial Services, Credit and Collection, Purchasing, Health Information Management, Payroll and Cashier and other related departments.
• Review outstanding debts from Insurance companies with a view of collecting.
• Effective budgeting including financial evaluation of capex asset requirements and annual working capital budgets, prepare cash flow projections, arrange funding lines and maintain proper banking relations.
• Provide leadership in innovations to boost the revenues of the hospital in collaboration with other departments.
• Continuously manage and reduce non-essential costs without impacting the ability of the hospital to provide competitive services.
• Manage the internal control environment to prevent financial loss including an examination of insurance policies to ascertain that the Hospital assets are properly insured against loss and that the Hospital’s liability coverage is within acceptable thresholds.
• Maintain effective revenue cycle processes by keeping patient accounts receivable at an acceptable level consistent with sound credit and collection policies while maintaining good rapport with the community; identify problems and take remedial actions with relevant stakeholders to manage and minimize risks.
• Ensure accurate financial reporting and analysis.
• Work with heads of departments to implement financial plans and productivity benchmarks, and monitor progress toward financial goals.
• Prepare variance reports and financial analysis, report on business unit performance, identify problem areas and take remedial action on a timely basis.
• Manage the general ledger close, people and processes to adhere to reporting deadlines.
• Effective governance and risk management by managing compliance with corporate compliance standards and regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies in relation to all company financial affairs.
• Manage relationships with the Hospitals lenders and other creditors and ensure finance costs are minimized.
• Champion initiatives to implement operational and financial reporting systems with the aim to automate the hospital process.
• Develop and maintain relationships with various internal and external stakeholders.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS
• Master’s degree in business, Finance, Economics or other related field from a recognized university.
• Possess a professional qualification - CPA/ACCA and have membership in a professional body.
• Have not less than Five (5) years’ relevant working experience in a senior finance role in a recognized corporate organization and at least three (3) years as Head of Department.
• Health sector knowledge with good understanding of business dynamics of the industry will be an added advantage.
• Mastery of various accounting packages and accounting standards
KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Must have strong work ethics
• Ability to manage a large inventory
• A good understanding of the mobilization and management of resources in various currencies (including loans, grants and equity)
• Strong corporate planning and budgeting skills
• Results oriented with an entrepreneurial and innovative approach to business and business solutions, project development, implementation and evaluation.
• Good leadership skills and experience in problem solving, negotiation and turnaround management.
• Highly developed analytical and reporting skills with excellent communication and presentation skills
• Effective working relationship with staff and other stakeholders.
• Problem solving, conflict resolution and crisis management skills.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.