You are an expert in managing companies’ finances and you have a solid background in Accounting, Finance, business economics or another relevant field (CPA / CA). You have 5 -8 years of experience in a fast-growing start-up to scale up environment. You are very well versed in corporate financial analysis, forecasting, law, and risk management.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:8 years
You can demonstrate a high level of integrity, trustworthiness, strong leadership, organizational skills, and an ability to drive results in a challenging environment.
You are then the CFO we are looking for.
You will step in a fast growing and dynamic start-up whose mission is to promote a circular economy by giving a second life to plastic waste: NAMé Recycling. We reduce plastic pollution and bring economic opportunities to the communities we serve. We are the only recycling company recognized by the Ministry of the Environment so far in Cameroon. We operate with internationally recognized quality standards, and our purpose is to generate quantifiable environmental and social benefits.
Your duty and responsibilities will include:
1. Financial Planning and Forecasting
- Develop 5Y financial plan and update where needed
- Develop next year’s budget at group and subsidiary level
- Identify capex & working capital needs
- Build financial models at project level (eg for grant applications)
2. Manage Financial Objectives
- Together with the CEO, set year objectives for the team and monitor ongoing performances
- Monitor financial performance & ensure revenues and expenses stay in balance
3. Lead Key Financial Processes
- Coordinate financial closing and ensure books are up to date
- Develop group financial procedures
- Develop internal controls and set up internal control monitoring system
- Lead equity and debt fundraising efforts
- Support investor due diligence
- Support annual audit exercise and implement recommendations
4. Collaborate with Other Executives
- Work with department heads to analyze financial data and craft budgets
- Support the fundraising team with financial input for grant applications
- Support the finance managers with requests for assistance and support
5. Ensure compliance
- Ensure full tax compliance at group and subsidiary level (income, vat, withholding tax, transfer pricing, personnel taxes, ...)
- Ensure all necessary insurances are in place at group & subsidiary level (directors’ liability, civil liability, work accidents, theft, fire, machine breakdown, political risk)
- Ensure internal procedures are being adhered to
This role will be tough, demanding, and require a person who will take ownership and accountability over the result of their role.
In return for your results, we offer you:
• An entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment in an impactful fast-growing company
• A flexibility and autonomy to organize your work while meeting deadlines and expectations
• An opportunity to grow along with the company
• A competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance.
If you know this is a role you would succeed in, please apply now using this link: https://bit.ly/3GVUI33
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured