Communication Associate at Strathmore University
Marketing & Communications
A minimum bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, or a related field. At least 2-4 years of experience in a communications role directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
In line with the objective of the Sisters’ Blended Value Project (SBVP), which is to is to support Catholic Sisters to build and develop sustainable social enterprises, the Communication Associate will support the communication of the activities of the project. Further, assist in devising communication strategies, creating content, managing media, organizing events, and managing databases under the direction of the Grant Manager.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stakeholder Management: Maintaining links with the project’s affinity groups in the target countries and ensuring that all internal and external communication is handled effectively towards building long-term relationships with influencers and key project stakeholders.
- Content Creation:
- Plan and manage the design, content, and production of all communication materials and respond to communication-related issues promptly.
- Create informative and interesting press releases, press kits, newsletters, videos, media articles, and related materials to showcase the sisters’ project activities, success stories, and the work of catholic sisters and upload them on the website and social media platforms.
- Oversee SBVP’s media promotion, editing, and proofreading of communication materials, texts, etc.
- Preparing presentations and proposals for clients, including charts, graphs, images, and other visual aids.
- Newsletters: Take the lead in coming up with the SBVP annual and bi-annual and monthly EE newsletters for internal and external stakeholders.
- Photography/Videography: Facilitate photography and videography within the program activities, ensuring they are edited, shared, and well archived.
- Strategies and Campaigns: Develop, maintain, review, and implement effective communication strategies that build awareness of the work of the Catholic Sisters.
- Monitoring and Reporting: Monitor web, email, and social media analytics and report to management detailing successes and failures of communications campaigns.
- Events: Support the project team in coordinating networking events, seminars, conferences, etc.
- Social Media: In liaison with the communications manager, manage the social media accounts and promote the project communications and marketing materials through appropriate social channels and websites.
- Branding: Ensure that all communications and marketing material align with the branding and marking standards of the institution, the donor, and the partner, constantly.
- Webpage: In liaison with the SBS communication manager and the project team, update the project webpage and social media platforms regularly to maintain fresh content.
- Track and measure the reach and impact of the project’s public-facing statements, media hits, and website analytics.
- Data Repository and Archiving: Manage the online drive which holds the program’s communication documents and other databases that will be available for the project such as photos and videos. Create and maintain an inventory of images, audio files, video clips, or other materials used in the project.
- Calendar: Maintain a calendar of events (communication work plan and media schedule), assigned tasks, and deadlines.
- Project Support: Working closely with the Grant Manager and the Regional Project Coordinator to execute program activities, and support the day-to-day operations of the project communications function, including budgeting for the communication unit.
- Any other duties allocated within the project.
The post holder will be required to have and to demonstrate evidence of the following qualifications, attributes, and skills:
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, or a related field.
- At least 2-4 years of experience in a communications role directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Experience in social entrepreneurship, or related fields is an added advantage.
- Experience and knowledge in writing, proofreading, formatting, and editing.
- Experience in photo and video editing skills is an added advantage.
- Experience in graphic, web design, and content production are an added advantage.
- Proven skills in managing social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.), community management, and writing reports based on analytics.
- Skilled in digital marketing strategies through social media channels, email search engines, etc.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it to work assignments.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Respond positively to new approaches; Ability to extract, interpret, analyze data, and resolve problems.
- Maintains effective stakeholder relationships.
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedules to meet the project needs and deadlines.
- Able to work collaboratively with project staff and other university colleagues.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured