Bachelor’s degree in ECD, or a related discipline.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
We are searching for a reliable, trustworthy, and innovative CBC Teacher (Facilitator) to join our school. The CBC Teacher’s responsibilities will include supporting his/her students’ progress academically, emotionally, and physically in a prepared environment, which challenges each child to reach his/her full potential, in accordance with Core Competencies for Basic Education. You should be able to create a nurturing, stimulating learning environment where every child feels included and communicate with parents as required. To be successful you should be a lifelong learner who inspires a love for learning in your students. Outstanding candidates are able to embrace creativity and independence.
Working in a creative and fast-paced environment, the teacher will report to the head teacher and have the following responsibilities:
• Carefully and actively monitor the welfare and holistic development of every child in your care, following appropriate policies and procedures to ensure their physical and emotional safety at all times
• Observing, guiding, supervising, and assessing children while they learn in various environments including classrooms and outdoor activities.
• Developing lesson plans, independent learning exercises, curricula, and methods that cater to the needs of the individual child.
• Participate in professional activities designated by the head teacher or head of school, which may include workshops, insets, meetings, assessment, reporting to parents, planning and other professional pursuits.
• Creating and maintaining a safe, clean, stimulating learning environment where all children feel safe and valued.
• Establishing rapport and building relationships with students based on trust.
• Setting an excellent example for students and instilling good values in them like honesty, accountability, understanding, tolerance, respect, love, and kindness.
• Monitoring and assessing student progress and writing up assessment portfolio and rubrics.
• Ensuring classroom supplies and equipment are available and in working condition.
• Participating in school activities and accompanying students on field trips.
• Interviewing and assisting with the orientation and training of all new teachers.
• Updating records on the school database and handling various administrative tasks.
The successful candidate will excel at operating in a creative, diverse and fluid environment. Your qualifications include the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in ECD, or a related discipline.
• Diploma in ECD
• TSC registered
• Good teaching experience
• Additional courses or training in Education would be advantageous.
• Passionate about alternative education.
• An ability to teach groups of children of varying ages, needs, and abilities.
• Patience and excellent observational, communication, and diagnostic skills.
• The ability to multitask, keep calm under pressure, and treat everyone with love and respect.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• A lifelong learner who can be a good role model for children.
This job description will be subject to regular review.
Gates and Bridges Academy is a teacher-led, parent-powered Montessori and Competency Based Curriculum (CBC) school. Located in Kileleshwa area in Nairobi, Kenya, Gates and Bridges Academy offers the Montessori academic program in Kindergarten Daycare & Play group (Ages 1.5 to 3 Years), Preschool (Ages 4 to 6 Years), and CBC system of education Grades 1 to 3 (Ages 6 to 8 Years).
Our classes hold a maximum of 14 students with each class having a lead teacher providing instruction across the curriculum as follows: -
Mathematics, Language, Culture, Sensorial, and Practical Life.
· Grades 1 to 3
English Activities, Kiswahili Language Activities, Mathematics Activities, Environmental Activities, Hygiene and Nutrition Activities, Religious Activities, Movement and Creative Activities, Pastoral Program of Instruction, and a host of extracurricular Activities. Each child is handled individually with great attention to bring out their unique strengths and abilities.
Our classes hold a maximum of 15 students that allow for daily outdoor explorations in all seasons, connecting the child to their daily program of study. Children start each day with a morning circle for devotions. They enjoy language instruction, movement opportunities with instruction in a variety of activities such as soccer, dance, ballet, swimming, music instruments and languages (Chinese, French, Kiswahili, Spanish, and some vernaculars). Field trips once a term add to their classwork with experiences such as a day at Zoo, or on the farm e.c.t. We also offer online immersive experiences when distance learning is required as well as homeschooling support.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.