To supervise the administration and delivery of service in the respective departments of the County Government and all decentralized units and agencies in the County.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:5 years
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 35 and 36 of The County Governments Act, No. 17 of 2012 the Office of the Governor hereby invites applications from highly qualified, results-oriented and self-motivated Kenyan citizens for appointment to the following positions:
1. COUNTY EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBER
The Ten (10) posts are as follows-
2. Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries & Veterinary Services
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To supervise the administration and delivery of service in the respective departments of the County Government and all decentralized units and agencies in the County.
• To implement County legislation
• Implement within the County, National legislation to the extent that the legislation so requires.
• Manage and coordinate the functions of the County administration and its department.
• Provide the County Assembly with the full and regular reports on matters relating to the County.
• Advise the Governor on matters within his/her area of jurisdiction.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this position, the person should:
• Be a Kenyan Citizen.
• Be in possession of a first degree from a University recognized in Kenya.
• Satisfy their requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
• Have knowledge, experience and distinguished career of not less than five years in the field relevant to the portfolio of the department to which the person is seeking to be considered.
• Understand the diversity, challenges and opportunities within the County.
• Should not hold any other State or Public Office
• Be conversant with the Constitution of Kenya and all the Devolution laws.
• Be a visionary and strategic thinker.
• Have the ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
• Be committed to be part of a team that will enable the County Government achieve her vision.
Applicants should specify the portfolio for which they wish to head
Terms of Service: Five (5) Years Contract
Salary: As prescribed by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC)
How to apply
Written applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card clearlyindicting the position applied for on the Envelope should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to:
The selection panel
County Government of Kakamega
P.O Box 36-50100
Or delivered by hand at the Office of County Secretary, Office of the Governor, Kakamega County Headquarters. To be received on or before 30th September, 2022. Email applications to be sent to selection panel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce clearance certificates from the following institutions to meet requirements
of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya:
• Kenya Revenue Authority
• Higher Education Loans Board
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
• Criminal Investigation Department
• Credit Reference Bureau
• All applicants are required to clearly indicate their Home County, Sub-County and Ward
• Only Shortlisted candidates will be notified
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured