The main responsibility of the credit collection assistant will be to follow up all loans disbursed in order to minimize delinquent and defaulted loans
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: CREDIT COLLECTION ASSISTANT
We are a licensed deposit taking Sacco, seeks to recruit a qualified and competent individual to fill the position of Credit Collection Assistant. We operate 4 front offices located in Nairobi, Lodwar, Homabay and Busia that offer affordable banking services to our members.
The main responsibility of the credit collection assistant will be to follow up all loans disbursed in order to minimize delinquent and defaulted loans. In addition, the credit collection assistant will be expected to closely monitor the loans portfolio and promptly follow up with loanees and payroll officers for recovery of loans.
Terms: Three month contract renewable based on performance
1. Analyze all the loans disbursed to ensure recovery from the first month when due.
2. Follow up and collect outstanding loans from members, in accordance with the Credit Policy of the society.
3. Liaise with payroll officers on loans not recovered from the first month, ensuring that the loan deductions expected are communicated to them.
4. Register loan defaulters with the CRB and deregister those who have settled their loan arrears.
5. Contact all members with loans in arrears at least monthly. Action taken and responses from members must be documented.
6. Review and recommend improvements to the society’s debt collection systems.
7. Make recommendations on uncollectible loans for write offs every 6 months.
8. Work with the debt collector on loans which have not been recovered for more than 180 days.
9. Report on loans being followed up according to timelines agreed with your supervisor.
10. Any other duty as will be delegated by your supervisor.
1. Diploma in Cooperative Management, any other Business related diploma.
2. Minimum of CPA Part II qualification
3. A minimum of a C + in KCSE
4. Minimum of two years’ hands-on experience with credit collection
5. Computer literate with experience in working with a core banking system
6. Strong analytical skills
7. Valid certificate of good conduct
8. Should be a person of integrity, self-driven, with good interpersonal skills and a team player
9. Results oriented and able to meet targets.
The deadline of submitting applications is 23rd September 2023. Any application submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Applicants are expected to submit only their most recent CVs and application letters.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured