Credit verifiers are responsible for performing verification of clients to decipher their financial status, character as well as their ability to make complete and regular repayment of loans before extending finance to them
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
PERFORMANCE – BASED JOD DESCRIPTION
Job Title Credit Verifier
Function Department Verification
Reports To Country Manager
Scope Financial Services
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB- (JOB SUMMARY)
Our credit verifiers perform various functions with the objective of KYC, preventing bad debts and mitigating risks. Credit verifiers are responsible for performing verification of clients to decipher their financial status, character as well as their ability to make complete and regular repayment of loans before extending finance to them.
• Responsible for the verification of information provided by applicant for credit.
• Establishes the true nature and depth of the relationship between a seller and a buyer.
• Collects relevant information through reliable sources to determine credit worthiness of applicants.
• Examine public records to uncover bankruptcies, liens, arrest records, or unpaid taxes of applicants.
• Undertakes personal visits to confirm residential and business addresses
• Interviews individuals and business owners via phone calls and visit.
• Undertakes research and collects information on social behavior and credit report of individuals.
• Review amount of credit that can be extended based on findings of the verification exercise.
• Investigate business establishments applying for credit.
• Provide reasons for why credit was declined.
• Due diligence new seller accounts including establishing legitimacy of company statutory documents.
• Actively work to maintain and improve portfolio quality and prevent loss.
• Stays abreast of legal and regulatory changes and industry trends.
• Any other duty assigned by your immediate supervisor.
Key Deliverables for this position
• Credit/Debt management
• Customer relationship management
• Customer satisfaction
• Company ambassador
Direct Reports Internal External
• Country Manager
• Head of Sales
• Key Accounts
• Debt Collection
• HR and Compliance
Critical Success Factors for the Job
Academic & Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field.
• Formal credit training is an added advantage.
• Computer skills
• Highly values integrity and reliability.
• Knowledge of accounting, privacy procedures, and government regulations.
• Knowledge of credit analytics, portfolio management
• Communications skills
• Organizational skills
• Time management skills
• Collaboration skills
• Interpersonal skills
Strong set of ownership for every deliverable.
• Experience in conducting investigations or field verifications, undertaking records review, audits, or related work in a financial institution
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.