The cashier will be responsible for the collection, accurate counting, and intact banking of all sales money. They will be expected to work with the sales and accounts team. This role report to the Accountant.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 2 years
· Running the cash register and ensuring the proper processes are followed.
· Taking overall responsibility for the use and management of the cash register during your shifts.
· Collect payments whether in cash or through other modes of payments
· Issue receipts, refunds, and change as may be necessary after every sale
· Taking overall responsibility for preparing and reporting sales and any other relevant incidents that occur during your shifts while cashiering.
· Taking overall responsibility for daily stock take and handing over operations to the shift leader in the shift subsequent to yours.
· Resolve customer complaints, guide them, and provide relevant information
· Maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the workstation by dusting and vacuuming, washing the windows and doors, and straightening the merchandise.
· Arranging the workstation in a manner that attracts the attention of customers.
· Becoming familiar with the products and sharing this knowledge with customers.
· Answering questions from and providing information to customers about products.
· Informing the customers about purchasing incentives.
· Any other task that may be assigned by the Director of Operations.
Education & Experience
· A diploma/ degree in Statistics or any related field
· At least 3 years of relevant experience in data entry & a cashier
· Experience working with the finance department
· Experience working airline and logistics packaging industry, moving and /in packaging companies.
· Knowledge of customer service
· Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
Key skills & competencies
· Familiarity with electronic equipment, like cash registers and POS
· Excellent communication skills
· Good data entry and maths skills/statistician
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Planning and coordination skills
· Time management
· Attention to detail
· Problem solving & negotiation
· Stress tolerance
· Ability to work independently
Footnotes: You are the go-to person on the till management
You will work hand in hand with the finance and accounting department where you are a team member.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured