Debt Collection Officer- Nairobi and Kisumu
Blueribbons Holdings Limited
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Perform various duties on assigned accounts such as recording, verification, and validation of customer’s details as received from Clients.. Advise customers on ways of clearing their debts while communicating to them the importance of paying their debts and the consequences of non-payment.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
Locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts via telephone, mail, and SMS. Duties Include receiving payment proof from clients/debtors and ensuring that all payments are accurately and promptly posted on the customer’s account and keeping records of collection and status on the collection system.
- Perform various duties on assigned accounts such as recording, verification, and validation of customer’s details as received from Clients.
- Advise customers on ways of clearing their debts while communicating to them the importance of paying their debts and the consequences of non-payment.
- Portfolio performance Monitoring and control.
- Act as a mediator for disputes between customers and principals
- Locate and notify customers on defaulted accounts by mail, telephone, or scheduled visits in order to ask for payments
- Deliberate with customers by telephone or in person to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the credit terms for easier settlement of debts.
- Initiate the clearance process on cleared debts once you receive payment proof and have the same uploaded by the relevant department.
- Provide customers with their correct account details e.g. balances, account numbers, etc.
- Maintaining data integrity and keep customer details confidential
- Attend to customers during scheduled/unscheduled meetings.
- Record information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts in the company’s system.
- Respond to all correspondences e.g. e-mail, telephone, postal mail.
- Organize, manage, and implement the most suitable debt recovery method and techniques.
- Negotiate credit extensions if and when required subject to client’s approval.
- Preparation of reports as required.
- Minimum of one year experience in a Debt Collection environment.
- Minimum of a Diploma or certificate in a relevant field and from a recognized institution (a Diploma/certificate in Banking/Credit management background will have an added advantage).
- Enthusiastic self-driven applicants.
- Computer literate & English proficiency.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured