LVCT Health is an established Kenyan NGO that is renowned for its implementation of health programs at scale in Kenya. Through its vision of healthy empowered societies, the organization works closely with government at national and county levels to strengthen systems at facility and community level to facilitate delivery of health services reaching the most vulnerable populations.
LVCT health seeks to fill in the following key position for an anticipated USAID/Kenya Health Partnerships for Quality Services (KHPQS) bids for HIV, OVC, DREAMS and RMNCAH. The program aims to support the Government of Kenya (GOK) at national and county level in its HIV and AIDS in Kenya.
The positions are subject to USAID award of the grant.
POSITION: DIRECTOR, FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION DFA/LVCT/07/2020
REPORTING TO: CHIEF OF PARTY
LOCATION: NAIROBI, COAST, EASTERN AND WESTERN REGION – please indicate preferred location
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Provide leadership to finance and operations aspects of the project, including general administrative processes, financial management, sub award management, accounting, and logistics;
• Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for financial, sub award and operations aspects of project;
• Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with LVCT Health policies and procedures, USAID rules and regulation, award requirements, and Government of Kenyan laws;
• Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets;
• Manage project procurement processes;
• Advise senior leadership regularly on financial and operations-related matters;
• Provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting;
• Prepare and submit annual, quarterly and any ad hoc financial and accrual reports to USAID;
• Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID;
• Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management;
• Supervise other project-based administrative, finance, procurement, administrative and contract & grants staff.
Required Skills & Qualifications
• A Master’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field relevant to the position requirements.
• Professional certification (CPA) is a requirement and a member of ICPAK.
• At least 7 years of experience in financial management for large complex projects, of which at least five years were working in the field of international development.
• At least 3 years of experience working with USAID contract mechanisms
• Proven track record in operations leadership.
• Highly innovative and motivated organisational leader
The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position’s level of Executive Management:
• Collaboration - ability to develop networks, build alliances, and collaborate across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals.
• Creativity/innovation - ability to develop new insights into situations, question conventional approaches, encourage new ideas and innovations, and design and implement new or cutting edge programs/processes.
• Influencing/negotiating - ability to persuade others, build consensus through give and take, and gain cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
• Managing people - ability to build and manage workforce based on organization goals, budget, considerations, and staff needs.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV along with a cover letter expressing interest and indicating Salary history and expectations to email@example.com . The position applied for and reference number and desired location should be clearly indicated on the subject line and cover letter.
The closing date is August 31, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted .
LVCT Health is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website www.lvcthealth.org for more information about the organization
LVCT Health DOES NOT CHARGE any fee whatsoever in any part of the recruitment process