At least 3-5 years’ dispatch coordination experience in FMCG set up, 2 years at a supervisory level.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Brown’s Food Co. (www.brownsfoodco.com) is the umbrella brand for Brown’s Cheese, Delia’s Ice Cream and The Cracker Shack. Browns Food Co. produces a range of high quality natural cheeses, fast moving commodities e.g. cheddar and mozzarella as well as butter and yoghurt.
We are seeking to recruit a highly talented individual to fill in the following position:
The role holder will be responsible for directing, coordinating, and executing the activities of inbound and outbound product movement within the dispatch section in a courteous and professional manner.
This position is based in Tigoni near Limuru, Kenya. This is 40 mins from Nairobi.
- Follow-up on pending orders with Production and Stores. Departments to ensure that all orders are delivered on time.
- Arrange shipment of goods by anticipating delivery requirements and expediting orders.
- Verify items shipped by matching delivery notes, reconciling. quantities and communicating discrepancies.
- Formulate better order dispatch mechanics and implement the same.
Monitoring and Coordination
- Monitor damaged items, shortages, goods returned and mis-shipments and ensure that the same is communicated to both the Supervisor and sales department.
- Develop, maintain and monitor staff scheduling for efficient deployment of personnel for maximum results/ performance.
- Coordinate dispatch operations and activities with Sales, Stores and Production Departments.
- Plan, assign, direct and evaluates the work of dispatch personnel.
- Ensure quality checks for all products received at the dispatch cold-room, and loading bay area.
- Structure and maintain a tracking system that enforces product quality, FIFO standards and live, stock tracking.
- In liaison with Production, Stores and Sales departments, communicate to customers of any anticipated or actual delay in supply and likely time of supply and/or delivery.
- Monitor and evaluate service quality to ensure compliance with the Company’s Customer Service Policy including but not limited to investigation of complaints with recommendations for corrective action.
- Resolve customer issues arising from dispatched orders for customer satisfaction.
- Directly supervise logistics team to ensure effective delivery of goods to customers.
- Write reports on all dispatch and order delivery issues and submitting them to the Head of Operations.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma in any Business related field
- At least 3-5 years’ dispatch coordination experience in FMCG set up, 2 years at a supervisory level.
- A Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record will be an added advantage.
- Excellent Analytical Skills, Good Knowledge of MS Excellent.
- Time management and organizational skills to keep track of deliveries and stay on schedule.
- Excellent communication abilities.
- Flexible, Positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Ability to foster great people relations.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.