English Teacher, Njabini Nyandarua County
Research, Teaching & Training
Liaise with the relevant persons concerning curriculum, schemes of work, teaching methods, etc.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
Job Title: English Teacher, Njabini Nyandarua County
Reports to: Head of School
Office Hours: Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
About the Company
Our client is a NGO-based school that is dedicated to developing knowledge and character in the society.
It is important for each child to develop their talents in a clean, safe and nurturing environment. It is a Form Tutor’s responsibility to ensure that the interests of the ‘whole child’ are being looked after and that they are the first person to whom a student will turn to for help or advice. A form tutor will in addition undertake the teaching of their subject/s Leadership School, to promote genuine interest, enthusiasm and to aim for a high standard of achievement for all pupils within their class and the school. In addition, they will adapt general education lessons and teach various subjects. The form tutor will be responsible to the Director of School for executing their teaching duties and responsibilities within the school. They will outline goals and services for each student, hold successions with the school social worker, counselors and parents/guardians and school administrators to discuss updates of the students
Roles and Responsibilities
● Registers must be marked accurately daily and reasons for absence or lateness noted.
● Students’ journals are checked and signed daily.
● Communicate with parents regularly and accurately. Keep them fully involved regarding students’ progress including curriculum or behavioral concerns.
Reports and monitoring
● Encourage high standards of work, behavior and dress in students. Look to reward achievements positively and implement, where necessary, appropriate sanctions.
● Be aware of friendship patterns, family structures, leisure interests, social development, problems at home/school and relationships with other students and staff.
● Professional checking of reports and monitoring child’s progress across the curriculum using all data provided.
● Follow through concerns and issues about learning and effort when necessary with subject areas and parents, in consultation with the Faculty Heads.
● Actively supervise students in Assemblies.
● Ensure school policies, Health and Safety and Fire Drill rules are explained and upheld.
● Write tutor reports and set targets.
● Attend progress evenings to communicate with parents.
● Be consistent and fair, and act as a mediator for the students in the group.
● Encourage reading for pleasure and good study skills.
● Liaise with the relevant persons concerning curriculum, schemes of work, teaching methods, etc.
● Discuss students’ progress with parents and guardians, administrators and other professionals as necessary.
● To attend Parents Meetings and discuss the academic progress of his/her pupils. To set and conduct tests.
● To assess and evaluate students’ educational progress and abilities.
● To perform duties, as requested by the Head, for supervising the pupils outside the classroom e.g. lunch/break and other duties etc.
● To “cover” for any colleague who cannot attend school for any reason and to provide a cover sheet for colleagues if unable to attend school.
● To provide as required by the school’s policies detailed schemes of work and weekly planning and evaluation outlines.
● To provide a bright and pleasant working environment for the classroom.
● To put up attractive displays of children’s work in designated boards around the school.
● To maintain productive working habits and discipline in the classroom.
● Organize, attend and supervise school activities such as excursions, school concerts, camps and sporting events.
● To attend weekly Staff Meetings, as well as whole school meetings, and any other meetings that may be held.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
● A Minimum of a Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Education. Holders of P1 who have taken the upgrading program to DEPTE are also eligible.
Knowledge and Experience
● 2 + years for Kenyan organization in a child- centric CBO, NGO or school environment teaching English. Home science and CRE teaching experience will be an added Advantage.
● Must be a registered teacher and a holder of TSC number.
● Well-developed and mature professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with children, teenagers, donors, partners and colleagues at all organizational levels.
● Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion.
● Ability to respond quickly and maintain composure during situations that impact the safety and security of children.
● Ability to exercise judgment and discretion when making independent decisions.
● Understanding of Business Operations.
● Planning and organization.
● Performance Oriented.
● Good Written and Oral Communication Skills, Effective communication.
● Presentation skills and Interpersonal skills.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured