Seek to recruit a Finance and Administration Manager who will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of budgeting; financial management and reporting; contract/suppliers procurement and management; grants management; administration management, asset management, and compliance with organizational policies, with the following duties.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 7 years
- Review existing financial management policies, systems, and procedures including performing walkthrough tests to ascertain areas of improvement and provide guidance to the Organization’s Management and Staff on the policies and procedures.
- Carry out a review of the internal control system, focusing on the control environment, risk assessment, and control procedures and ensure that required financial controls are in place and adhered to, to prevent over-expenditure of budgets, ensure proper safeguards of finances and ensure compliance with financial and accounting procedures.
- Provide financial management support following sound budgeting, accounting, and financial control procedures in compliance with the organization’s policies procedures, and best practices.
- Preparation of Financial records, bookkeeping, maintaining updated files including Invoices, Supplier receipts, conducting internal audit checks, approving timesheets and disbursements, and ensuring that the organization is in full compliance with required regulations and expectations.
- Ensure integrity of financial data and strengthen financial management processes while identifying improvements in tracking and reporting both receipts and expenditures.
- Regularly conduct cost analysis and forecasting of finances as a part of regular financial planning and analysis for monthly financials, quarterly forecasts, and other reporting as required and determine updated monthly accruals and projections to support forecasting accuracy as required.
- Ensure compliance with statutory obligations, financial agreements, and reporting.
- Strengthen asset management practices both at the office and on the ground level.
- Reporting: Working with financial software to track expenses and ensure monthly financial reports e.g. from QuickBooks are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Project Management Support to program teams and operations both at the Headquarters and in the field to ensure compliance with obligations set out in the policies and with external stakeholders.
Assets and Procurement Management:
- Work with the procurement team to review the existing procurement processes/ systems, and the controls therein and assess whether they facilitate efficient use of resources.
- Provide procurement management support to ensure compliance with policies, stakeholder requirements, and local laws and regulations.
- Support the development of appropriate procurement management manuals to strengthen procurement processes as well as gaps identified in the procurement system/ processes that could lead to any anomalies.
- Review existing commodity purchases and stock issues processes and recommend changes that would ensure goods are optimally stocked and accountably distributed.
- Develop tools and guidelines for assets and inventory management.
Administration, Team Leadership, Training, and Capacity Building of Staff:
- Supervise and Mentor Departmental Staff in Finance and Administration.
- Prepare periodic finance and administration reports for presentation to management indicating performance, trends, and projections.
- Ensure timely payment of utility bills and service invoices and budget for organization utilities, bills, and consumables.
- Undertake staff training and needs assessment of finance and procurement staff at HQ and ground level.
- Develop training and capacity building plan and coordinate implementation of the plan.
- Support with dissemination of financial policies, systems, and procedures to all staff at all levels. Provide support to troubleshoot challenges on financial software package
- A Bachelors/ Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Commerce, or other relevant fields.
- CPA K or ACCA is a must.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience supervising overall financial and administration operations including donor-funded activities (e.g. teams of human resources, logistics, grant/contract, and finance staff) with annual budgets.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience on funded projects, matched with an in-depth knowledge of compliance and reporting requirements and GAAP accounting rules.
- Demonstrated financial management, analytical, and computer skills, with an emphasis on budgeting and financial analysis.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Integrity and diligence in carrying out work duties with minimal supervision.
- Experience managing local organizations as part of sub-grants/subcontracts.
- Expert knowledge in the use of financial software applications, including QuickBooks, databases, spreadsheets, and/or word processing required. Packages include Microsoft Outlook, Access, Excel, and Word plus university-specific accounting & and reporting packages.
- Excellent general management skills particularly in facilitation, team building, and coordination.
- Sound judgment in solving complex problems coupled with a frequently changing work/ implementation environment.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills.
- Strong intellectual and analytical skills.
- Be self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple and short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to demonstrate strong time management and organization skills and excellent problem-solving skills.
NB: Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, send your CV by 3rd November 2023.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.