Provide efficient, timely and accurate financial management information and expertise to enable timely management decision-making and safeguard the company’s assets from loss arising from fraud or error
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE POSITION OF A FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
We are a charitable organisation operating in rural Rarieda sub-County in Siaya County. The organisation began as a grass-root CBO in 2003 to assist orphaned children and youth with a focus on community empowerment and development.
Vision: People believe in themselves and work together to build a vibrant and progressive community.
Mission: Empower people and build their capacities to create positive change for children and youth within their community.
We are currently seeking to recruit a talented, progressive and team-oriented individual to fill the above position. Interested candidates are requested to email the following to Brightermonday by 1st September 2023.
(1) Cover letter stating the position for which you are applying, along with current remuneration or last remuneration if currently not employed, (2) three paragraph motivation statement and why you feel you meet the requirements, (3) three references and (4) updated C.V.
IMPORTANT: All four (4) above mentioned steps must be followed. Applications not following all steps will automatically be disqualified. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
All applicants should bring a personal commitment to community development. Applicants should take time to reflect and make sure they resonate strongly with Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust’s vision and mission before considering to apply.
Only those who can demonstrate all required competencies will be considered.
1. PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Provide efficient, timely and accurate financial management information and expertise to enable timely management decision-making and safeguard the company’s assets from loss arising from fraud or error.
2. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
R1. Financial Management
1. Support Senior Finance Coordinator in maintaining proper accounting systems, internal controls and procedures.
2. Update projects financial records i.e. project books, bank and petty cash books, ledgers and journals.
3. Take part in undertaking monthly trial balances and final accounts i.e. income and expenditure & balance sheet through Xero.
4. Compile Monthly financial reports for the review of the supervisor.
5. Prepare monthly reconciliation of stock reports between inventory and finance systems.
6. Maintain supplier accounts, reconciliations and monthly reports.
7. Take part in preparation, coordination and control of budget
8. Carry out monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts
9. Participate in both internal and external audit
10. Ensure accurate production costs, gross margin analysis of products, inventory, and overall value.
R2. Risk Management
1. Ensure that the project does not suffer financial loss through fraud and error.
2. Ensure safekeeping of all unused cheque books.
R3. Inventory Management
1. Assist in writing orders for procurements and coordinating with the Finance coordinator to ensure that procurement is done for specific donor projects.
2. Receive and sign on Inventory receipts note in the absence of designated staff.
3. Check all internal and external requisitions before issues or cash disbursements for procurement as relates to specific donors.
R4 Governance and Management
1. Ensure adherence to RWMT’s policies and procedures as outlined in the Financial Policy and Procedures and Procurement Manuals, accounting standards and statutory requirements pertaining to accounting and financial reporting.
2. Attend workshops and forums whenever called to.
R5. Other duties and responsibilities
1. Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the Supervisor and management from time to time and which are related to the achievement of RWMT’s mission and vision.
3. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
a) Level of Education:
• At least a Diploma in Finance/ accounting or other relevant disciplines
b) Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
• A professional qualification of at least CPA Section 4
• Audit experience a plus
c) Other competencies
• Proficient in MS Office applications and with emphasis in Excel
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines without supervision
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work effectively in team environment
d) Job experience
• At least four (4) years’ experience in financial accounting
• Experience working in commercial and donor funded organizations
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured