Founded in 2012, Jibu is pioneering a powerful new model that provides opportunities for entrepreneurs to own businesses that ensure access to basic human necessities in underserved, emerging market communities. Jibu has scaled a network of locally owned, economically independent franchises that provide safe drinking water to their communities while offering life-changing training and employment.
Empowered by a belief in the ability of eye-to-eye partnership to unleash latent entrepreneurial talent, Jibu is transforming the challenge of addressing basic human needs into an expansive opportunity that allows thousands of young entrepreneurs to build lasting solutions, one neighbourhood at a time. The company’s ultimate vision is to train, finance, and grow a network of co-invested business owners who will revolutionize the way critical resources participate in emerging markets. For additional information, please visit: http://jibuco.com/
Position: Franchise Support Associate (FSA)
Reports to: Country Director
Contract Type: Full time
Start date: As soon as possible
The Franchise Support Associate is responsible for the performance of all franchisees within their cohort, including but not limited to franchise volumes sold, franchise profitability, sales mix of the franchise, compliance with Jibu standards, AR payment, support requests from the Franchisee to JibuCo, and participation of Franchise in all Jibu trainings, promotions,and other activities.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
1) Franchise Performance: Ensure high performance of all Franchises in the cohort to
● Achieve of monthly production volumes targets
● Consistent volume growth, 10% week over week growth per store.
● High territory penetration and mapping.
● Growing retailer network
● Ensure due and timely payment of all bills (and arrears)
● Profitability- Unit Economy.
● Performance reporting and analysis
2) Franchise Compliance: Supervise and monitor the Franchisee and their staff to ensure compliance with all Jibu Pillars and Standards, but especially:
● Customer Experience requirements
● Production and Quality Standards
● Territory guidelines
● Price compliance
● other Brand critical compliance (e.g. Taxation and Regulation)
3) Franchise issue resolutions:
● Develop strong relationships with Jibu franchisees and a deep understanding of their challenges and strengths
● Frequent contact with all Franchisees in the cohort and timely and effective problem solving and full closure of all support requests
4) Franchisee engagement and coaching
● Participate in training and development of Franchisees and their support staff
● Plan and manage reports and evaluations between Jibuco and Franchisees
● Conduct regular audits of franchises to ensure adherence to Jibu standards
● Business planning and Forecasting of the business with the Franchisee
- Sales and distribution experience, ideally for an FMCG company
- Account relationship manager or a track record of managing client relationships
- Accustomed to working against and achieving targets
- Project management experience
- Experience in customer-facing roles
- Experience delivering training and capacity building
- Entrepreneurship/business background: strong understanding of retail operations and retail best practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to build strong relationships with stakeholders and influence them
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Powerpoint)
- Strong business, analytical skills, and Good negotiation skills
- Strong communication: Confident public speaker
- Fluent in English is a must! Kiswahili is important as well
- Practical, organized, responsive, persistent, likeable, resourceful, likes challenges
- Able to navigate both formal and informal operations components
- An energetic self-starter, a proven problem-solver and someone willing to “roll up their sleeves” to do what it takes to get tough jobs done
- Ability to work strategically, creatively, flexibly and persistently to solve twisted challenges
- Proven interpersonal, relationship and people management skills
- Effective Communication skills
Apply using the following link:(https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScMiFLo1Mwm9YsICKHl7pxl3X6BJWdtc_MWD-443yqOn4OLaQ/viewform) to fill out the application form or click the "Apply Now Button".
Please label the PDF documents as: YOURNAME_CV and YOURNAME_coverletter. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply as soon as possible. Due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to every individual application we receive. If you do not receive an invitation for an interview from us within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.