CIC Group seeks to recruit a financial astute leader to join this winning team as the Group Chief Finance Officer (GCFO), reporting to the Group Chief Executive Officer.
The successful candidate will be in charge of Group financial operations, driving Group strategy, investment goals, budgets, economic forecasting, negotiations, stewardship of Company assets as well as maintaining investor relations and business partnership.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate and implement the Group strategy, linking business objectives with financial goals;
- Provide strategic direction on matters relating to business performance, new investments and business opportunities and changes to enhance profitability and shareholder value;
- Proactively, establish and maintain highly collaborative stakeholder and investor relations;
- Prepare regular and periodic financial reports to the board that provide a strategic direction and qualitative assessment on the achievement of the planned financial goals;
- Lead, manage and supervise the preparation of the annual budgeting process;
- Achieve the profit levels as set by the annual budget and attain a return on investment above industry average;
- Responsible for evaluation, analysis and interpretation of corporate performance data;
- Monitor and review operational processes to maximize efficiency;
- Maintain acceptable expense and loss ratios;
- Ensure appropriate financial management structures and policies are continuously developed, reviewed and implemented;
- Ensure that financial resources are appropriate, sufficient and effectively deployed to achieve Group initiatives;
- Identify and manage principal financial and investment risks likely to affect the organisation, and establish robust internal control mechanisms to mitigate them;
- Champion and implement innovative financial strategies, policies and procedures for sustainable business growth and improvements;
- Analyze data, identify trends and patterns, and forecast the required financial data for appropriate investment decisions;
- Provide oversight on Group sourcing and facilities/property function;
- Supervise train and develop staff to achieve a highly productive and motivated team; and
- Practice and promote a culture of high quality standards, integrity and ethics across the Company.
- Be a holder of a business related Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or any other related field gained from a recognized institution. A Post Graduate Qualification in a business related field will be an added advantage;
- Possess relevant professional qualification(s) such as CPA or ACCA, or CFA, CIMA, CIPFA;
- Be a member in good standing of a recognized relevant professional body e.g. ICPAK, ACCA;
- A certificate in Corporate Governance will be an added advantage;
- Have knowledge and relevant work experience of not less than ten (10) years, with at least five (5) years served in senior leadership position;
- Be a catalyst for driving business transformation;
- Have demonstrable strategy formulation and execution skills;
- Must have a thorough understanding and knowledge of financial management, corporate financial law and regulatory compliance, board reporting, as well as demonstrable commercial and investment acumen;
- Demonstrate leadership, commercial and financial analysis and reporting skills; and
- Possess strong organizational and stakeholder management skills and ability to grasp business risks and make sound decisions.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the following additional requirements:
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your resume, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, your application must be received not later than Friday 22 January 2021 addressed to the contact provided below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Deloitte Place Waiyaki Way Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
For the full details about this position and how to apply, kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via
Email or hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. All applications MUST be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered.
CIC Group Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and gender equality.
Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.