● Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
● Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
● Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
● Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
● Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
● Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
● Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
● Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
● Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
● Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
● Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
● Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
● Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
● A minimum of 5 years of human resource management experience preferred.