The teacher will be responsible to the Head of School for executing their teaching duties and responsibilities within the school.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
Company: Private School
Integrated Primary School Science Teacher
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Head of School
Note: Must be conversant with the CBC curriculum
• It is important for each child to develop their talents in a clean, safe and nurturing environment. It is a Teacher’s responsibility to ensure that the interests of the ‘whole child’ are being looked after and that they are the first person to whom a student will turn to for help or advice. Our Teachers will in addition undertake the teaching of their subject/s at our School, promote genuine interest, enthusiasm and aim for a high standard of achievement for all pupils within their class and the school. In addition, they will adapt general education lessons and teach various subjects. The teacher will be responsible to the Head of School for executing their teaching duties and responsibilities within the school.
• They will outline goals and services for each student, hold successions with the school social worker, counselors, parents/guardians and school administrators to discuss updates of the students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
“Essential duties” are those that an individual must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation or additional staffing support.
The main functions are as follows:
Registers must be marked accurately daily and reasons for absence or lateness noted.
• Students’ journals are checked and signed daily.
• Communicate with parents regularly and accurately. Keep them fully involved regarding students’ progress including curriculum or behavioral concerns.
Reports and monitoring.
• Encourage high standards of work, behavior and dress in students. Look to reward achievements positively and implement, where necessary, appropriate sanctions.
• Be aware of friendship patterns, family structures, leisure interests, social development, problems at home/school and relationships with other students and staff.
• Professional checking of reports and monitoring child’s progress across the curriculum using all data provided.
• Follow through concerns and issues about learning and effort when necessary with subject areas and parents, in consultation with the Faculty Heads.
• Actively supervise students in Assemblies.
• Ensure school policies, Health and Safety and Fire Drill rules are explained and upheld.
• Write reports and set targets.
• Attend progress meetings to communicate with parents.
• Be consistent and fair, and act as a mediator for the students in a school setting.
• Encourage reading for pleasure and good study skills.
• Liaise with the relevant persons concerning curriculum, schemes of work, teaching methods
• Discuss students’ progress with parents and guardians, administrators and other professionals as necessary.
• To set and conduct tests.
• To assess and evaluate students’ educational progress and abilities.
• To perform duties, as requested by the Head of School, for supervising the pupils outside the classroom e.g. lunch/break and other duties etc.
• To “cover” for any colleague who cannot attend school for any reason and to provide a cover sheet for colleagues if unable to attend school.
• To provide as required by the school’s policies detailed schemes of work and weekly planning and evaluation outlines.
• To provide a pleasant working environment for the students
• To put up attractive displays of children’s work in designated boards around the school.
• To maintain productive working habits and discipline in the classroom.
• Organize, attend and supervise school activities such as excursions, school concerts, camps and sporting events.
• To attend weekly Staff Meetings, as well as whole school meetings, and any other meetings that may be held.
Education and Work Experience:
• A Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Education with a bias in Sciences and computer studies.
• 2+ years experience for Kenyan organization in a child-centric CBO, NGO or School environment teaching: Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
• Must have experience in a Primary School setting
• Must be a registered teacher and a holder of a TSC number.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Fluency in English and Swahili.
• Well-developed and mature professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with children, teenagers, donors, partners and colleagues at all organizational levels.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion.
• Ability to respond quickly and maintain composure during situations that impact the safety and security of children.
• Ability to exercise judgment and discretion when making independent decisions.
• An incident-free Children’s Check and National Police Check (Certificate of Good Conduct) is a strict condition of employment and must be provided at time of hire and updated on request, consistent with the organization’s risk management procedures.
• Consistent with the nature of this position, weekend and after-hours work is expected and required to meet organizational priorities.
• Occasional outside normal travel may be required.
• Additional responsibilities may be assigned to support coverage for domestic staff and other colleagues who are absent, on holiday or personal leave.
• All Kenya-based positions are based in Njabini, Kenya and subject to occasional interruptions in power and/or Internet access.
• All of our programs and objectives serve children from preschool through young adults. Our workplace is thus regularly accessed and impacted by children.
• The statements contained in this job description are not necessarily all-inclusive; additional duties may be assigned and requirements may vary at the discretion of the organizational leader.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any recruitment fee to candidates for Interviews and job placements.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.