Intern (Accounting & Admin)- AthiRiver
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Your overall goal as an intern (Accounting & Admin) is to actively be involved in financial modeling, data analysis, and creating various reports to support the company management in decision making; assisting the admin and accounting departments in Filling, Documentation, and ensuring Quick Tressability of important Documents when Required
- Minimum Qualification:Unspecified
- Experience Level:Volunteer, internship
- Experience Length:No Experience/Less than 1 year
Job Code (Ref): Intern
Department: Finance & Admin
Reporting to: Financial Accountant
Section: Accounts & Admin
Your overall goal as an intern (Accounting & Admin) is to actively be involved in financial modeling, data analysis, and creating various reports to support the company management in decision making; assisting the admin and accounting departments in Filling, Documentation, and ensuring Quick Tressability of important Documents when Required.
Key Result Areas:
• Work closely with the Accounting department to ensure a Full understanding of Financial Models.
• Assist in Prepare Ad-hoc reports as and when required
• Assist in Continuous update of the company plan with close supervision from the CEO
• Understand and Assist in Initiating online payments and ensure proper documentation and approvals of the same.
• Understand and Assist in preparing Bank cheques as and when it is required
• Understand & Assist in Posting Bank Transactions, Petty cash Vouchers, and Invoices and Bank preparing Reconciliations.
• Assist in handling Petty cash as and when required.
• Understand and Assist in Updating the cash requirements daily
• Ensure Filling of all statutory deductions (NHIF, NSSF, PAYE)
• Proper filing of accounting & statutory documents
• Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
• Assist in documents arrangement and Filling
• Prepare a filling system to ensure easy accessibility of documents and files
• Understand and assist in general administration duties as requested by the Administrator
• Managing the archives – ensuring that all documents are filed correctly and labeled properly for ease of retrieval.
Key Performance Standards (Key Performance Indicators– KPIs)
• Understanding of the Company Business Plan and Financial Models
• Proper Arrangement and filling of all the Departments Documents
• Ability to post Transactions into the accounting system on time.
• Monthly bank reconciliations are in order.
• Requested reports are generated on time.
• Ensure that the archives are always in order and all documents are correctly filed.
• Degree/Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce, or related field.
• A minimum of 6 months of relevant experience.
• Accounting and finance in a commercial Setup or Administration.
• At least 6 months of Exposure in filling and administration.
Personal Skills & Qualities
• A solid understanding of accounting.
• Good Organisation Skills.
• Strong Excel skills.
• Knowing how to link financial statements.
• Ability to distill large amounts of data into a simple format.
• An eye for design and aesthetics.
• Clear presentation skills.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured