Internal Auditor II at FHI360 NGO
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Performs financial, operational, and compliance audits in accordance with the company internal audit program.
- Documents processes for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and recordkeeping.
- Coordinates the Department’s activities with the independent CPA and all applicable regulatory agencies and examiners to best utilize available resources and achieve established objectives.
- Assists Audit Committee in fulfillment of its duties and responsibilities.
- Meets with Audit Committee to review audit scope / schedule and results of audit findings.
- Reports internal audit findings to appropriate management based on the results of regularly scheduled audits, non-scheduled audits, and at any time when issues need to be addressed by management.
- Conducts follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Conducts investigations of irregularities discovered by internal and external auditor reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Applies general knowledge of applicable statutes, regulations, entity/company practices and concepts.
- Familiar with general principles and process involved in conducting an internal audit. - Familiar with automated financial reporting, government accounting practices, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) systems.
- Applies general information technologies to meet work needs.
- Provides basic or general oral and written information.
- Initiates and maintains relationships with industry representatives, external auditing firm, coworkers and others.
- Organizes and formats reports to comply with applicable guidelines and provides appropriate documentation to support conclusions.
- Presents oral and written testimony on basic issues.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Identify and recognize routine or standard problems that have established precedents.
- Develop solutions to routine issues and refer non-standard questions and more difficult problems to higher levels.
- Explains basic accounting and internal audit trends and variations from prior periods, budget and/or forecast.
- Resolves basic issues related to internal policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates an understanding of system functionality to provide answers for financial requests.
- Errors may be detected and corrected.
- An appropriate audit trail is maintained for all transactions.
- External and internal audit requests are met timely, without outstanding issues.
- Month end closing deadlines and processes are met timely.
- Detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments.
- Provides recommendations with issues and processes to make departmental improvements.
- Typically reports to a Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent.
- Typically requires a minimum of 3+ years of progressively responsible financial analysis experience in an internal audit role.
- Experience in providing outstanding customer service, performing complex activities associated with ensuring compliance with company’s system of internal controls is required.
- Computerized accounting software experience and proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear and positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience preferred.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured