Kenya Platform Supervisor
One Acre Fund
Supply Chain & Procurement
You will be the go-to person for coordinating the Maize buy-back project. You will make sure that everything goes smoothly from the moment we acquire the maize, through inventory and deliveries, all the way to revenue and payments.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
You will be the go-to person for coordinating the Maize buy-back project. From managing logistics for gathering maize to making sure deliveries are on time and collecting revenue, your role is essential for keeping everything running smoothly. You will keep an eye on inventory levels and make sure they're accurate, and you will also handle payments to our platform farmers. Essentially, you will make sure that everything goes smoothly from the moment we acquire the maize, through inventory and deliveries, all the way to revenue and payments. It's a vital role that ensures the smooth operation of the Maize buy-back project.
- Handle and process payments to platform farmers
- Manage logistics for aggregation
- Oversee and keep track of inventory levels, performing regular inventory reconciliation
- Supporting farmer mobilization to improve volumes of grains aggregated
- Create and develop relationships with buyers of grains, including surveying markets weekly
- Manage the coordination of sales, ensuring deliveries, and handling the collection and reconciliation of revenue.
- Manage warehouse in compliance with our policies and vision.
- Set up the layout and ensure efficient space utilization.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene, and security.
- Be accountable for inventory received, stored, and delivered
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Diploma in agribusiness, business, economics, business administration, and supply chain management, – with 2-year equivalent experience
- Project management skills and the ability to create and stick to timelines
- A track record in planning field activities and troubleshooting issues
- Broad knowledge of supply chain operations, warehousing, and warehouse management software, or the demonstrated ability to acquire and proficiently apply new skills in these areas
- Experience implementing process improvement initiatives
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
- General knowledge of Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and warehouse management best practices.
- Other: Teamwork
- Language: English, Kiswahili required
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Webuye, Bungoma counties, Kenya
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
06 March 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured