Position: Management Accountant -Urgent (For A Medium Size Manufacturing Company)
Employer: A MEDIUM SIZE MANUFACTURING COMPANY
Ref No: SGK-MA-04-2021
Job Category: MIDDLE MANAGEMENT
• A bachelors degree in commerce -finance or related field. CPA (K) or ACCA qualifications.
• At least 5 years experience doing management/cost accounting roles in a busy manufacturing company.
Salary: KSHS. 80,000 - 120,000 PLUS COMPANY BENEFITS
Reporting to the chief accountant, management accountant main role is to monitor and advise company management on the performance of the company in terms of costs and profitability.He/She will also assist in preparation of management accounts and be in charge of fixed assets.
OTHER ROLES INCLUDE;
• Prepare timely and accurate financial budgets and forecasts by consolidating individual departmental budgets.
• Consolidate cost and revenues and extract management information for decision making.
• Analyze the business financial and general operating information to identify trends and opportunities for development
• Analyze budget and other financial variances (such as product margins) and advise chief accountant accordingly.
• Provide financial information to senior management, including budget reports for the organization and performance of cost centres.
• Review investment proposals to determine their viability.
• Assess the impact of changes in pricing, sales volume and costs that affect profitability on monthly basis.
• Evaluate non-financial indicators, such as stock turnover, quick ratio, debtor’s ratios, cash ratios, profitability ratios, etc and report on their effect on businesses performance or profitability.
• Oversee the stock take exercise (including spares) and ensure accurate stock records (length and weight) at all times. Investigate and promptly report on any variance
• Issue monthly and yearly stock take instructions.
• Maintenance of the fixed assets register and ensuring that the fixed assets file is up to date with relevant and accurate supporting documentation according to laid down procedure. Ensure that fixed assets register tallies with general ledger balances at all times. Ensure that fixed assets are counted once every year and reconciled with fixed assets register.
• Ensure that all costing (including raw materials, wip, finished goods, spares) are done and captured accurately. Ensure accuracy of monthly weighted average costs.
• Participate in planning and supervising systems used to record income, spending and cash flows
• Prepare company forecasts and projected future cash flows for the business
• Monitor costs such as scrap, wages, overtime, materials, equipment maintenance, marketing and all other costs.
• Identify areas of the business where inefficiencies may occur and advise the chief accountant accordingly.
• Prepare monthly management reports within the set deadline.
• Ensure proper computation of vat, idf and any duty on imported raw materials, spares, finished goods among other imports.
• Analyze and ensure accuracy of sales, cost of sales, cost of production, cost of finished goods, cost of scrap and other costs of sales components and report any significant finding to chief accountant. Any abnormal deviations from norm must be reported to the chief accountant and the managing director.
• Authorize goods returned notes in accordance with laid down procedure before credit notes are issued to confirm validity and reasons of return.
• Raise capital expenditure forms for approval to acquire fixed assets as per procedure.
• Review monthly and ensure adequate insurance covers for all stocks (including goods in transit), public product liability, fire and perils, cons loss (fire & perils), all risks, all fixed assets and plant breakdown compensation covers. Consult with the insurance brokers to ensure that the policies are adequate and sufficient. Report to the chief accountant on any short fall or omissions immediately. Ensure all assets in the register are adequately insured.
• Evaluate and advice on the company’s break-even scenarios on monthly basis.
• Monitor sales performance in terms of value, margins, length (km) and volume (kgs) of fast moving products on a monthly and cumulative basis, compare with prior year, budget and report on variance.
• Conduct or course a staff to conduct surprise checks on loaded delivery vehicles to ensure that physical goods tally with sales documentation. This should be done at least once a week.
• Ensure that processes needed for the quality management system (iso 9001:2015) are established, implemented and maintained.
• Ensure that control procedures set are strictly adhered to at all times. Report any deviation to the chief accountant immediately.
• Review set control procedures for continued suitability and recommend any changes to the chief accountant and managing director for adoption.
• Ensure proper management of the payables cycle including scheduling of payments as per company policy.
• In charge of the companies tax planning and tax compliance.
• The above duties are just a guide and not exhaustive. The holder of the position is required to oversee all the companies’ management and cost accounts operations and ensure integrity of records, reporting and that controls within this area of the company are not compromised. Innovation is also key for job.