Our client in the fast-moving consumer goods industry is looking for a qualified National Sales Manager to join the organization in Tanzania.
Eligibility Requirements for the National Sales Manager Kenyan Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce/Management with a bias in Sales and Marketing;
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in sales and marketing of which 3 have to be of National Branch Operations in a company dealing with consumer goods.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and proficient use of the internet and email.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to quickly understand and process operations data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven teamwork and leadership skills, and the ability to successfully build and manage a team and mentor all staff and agents in order to support professional development;
- Organized, systematic, and process-oriented with good administrative skills;
- Flexible and resourceful; the ability to work under minimal supervision and willingness to be responsible for a varied set of tasks that will support the company’s growth and expansion;
- A commitment to the Company’s social mission and an enthusiasm to work in a challenging environment.
National Sales Manager Duties & Responsibilities
- Coming up with a complete national (regional) annual strategic plans that will ensure all regions have a complete strategic plan document for the coming year, divided into quarterly action plans.
- Lead preparation and scheduling for quarterly business review meetings with all regional representatives to review progress on strategic plans.
- Attend daily briefings to review back order fill rate.
- Plan weekly visit to key Nairobi distributors as well as the general trade in Nairobi.
- Review weekly market intelligence reports from the regional representatives. Ensure there are set priorities for the month and that there is progress on the same.
- Review weekly sales report together with the regional representatives and ensure they are all aligned.
- Receive weekly sales report with action plans for any individual outlet that is behind target from individual regional representatives.
- Prepare monthly regional penetration and sales uplifted report.
- Receive quarterly price surveys – wholesale buying and selling prices from the regions.
- Ensure the performance management system for each member of staff is duly filled with appropriate actions taken for those below the target.
- Effectively manage all staff under the national sales manager including the Area Sales managers, Senior sales representatives, retails sales representatives and the regional merchandisers.
- Ensure all accounts within the consumer division are operating within the agreed limits, and collections are made on time.
- Ensure the Bottom of the Pyramid Sales Program is monitored and effectively managed so as to deliver maximum product availability and ROI to the company.
- Ensure development of close relationships with Key customers including regional key account staff, priority (emerging chain) staff, distributors, and other stakeholders relevant to the success of the Consumer business.