The Finance Manager will work closely with the Managing Director and the department heads. He/she will be the focal person for all financial matters and will supervise the finance assistant and the accountants. The incumbent should be abreast with developing and analyzing management accounting information to support effective decision making in the business and have the ability to align daily actions to the company’s strategic direction
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
We are Hiring!
Job title: Finance Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya
The Finance Manager will work closely with the Managing Director and the department heads. He/she will be the focal person for all financial matters and will supervise the finance assistant and the accountants. The incumbent should be abreast with developing and analyzing management accounting information to support effective decision making in the business and have the ability to align daily actions to the company’s strategic direction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Treasury Management
• Cash Forecasting –Investment Management- Negotiating interest rates for placements in banks.
• Review and analyze the general ledger, and financial statements and prepare appropriate accrual, and adjust journal entries in accordance with GAAP.
• Bank Relation- Acts as the relationship manager for all the bank accounts.
• Ensuring adherence to IFRS in accounting.
• Income and expenses allocation.
• Bank reconciliations.
• Managing and monitoring the company’s annual capital and operations expenditure
2. Payable Management
• Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll. purchase orders, invoices, and statements.
• Manage cash flow and liquidity to ensure the organization’s operational needs are met.
• Optimize investment strategies and financial resources.
• Paying vendors by scheduling paychecks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit.
• Preparing and handling payments due to suppliers.
• Raising purchase orders and processing payments.
• Issuing and checking invoices, receipts, and debit/credit notes.
3. Debt Management
• Recommending and initiating the process of cancellation of unpaid invoices.
• Recommending legal action on delayed and unpaid invoices.
• Preparing debtor’s performance report.
• Demanding outstanding payments through:
o Writing demand letters
o Telephone calls
o Personal visits
o Liaising with company’s legal team on debt recovery measures.
4. Audit Management
• Facilitate external and internal audit processes.
5. Operation management
• Maintain fixed assets register.
• Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
• Develop financial management mechanisms (including controls) that continuously minimize financial risks and fraud.
6. Risk Management
• Identify and assess financial risks and implement strategies to mitigate them.
• Maintain a robust system of internal controls to safeguard assets and ensure accurate financial reporting.
• Stay updated on financial technology trends and implement innovative tools and systems to improve financial processes and efficiency.
• Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
• Summarize current financial status by collecting information, and preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual accounts that present the company’s position in line with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Filing of statutory returns. VAT and Statutory deductions such as PAYE, NSSF, NHIF and Housing levy.
• Preparing scheduled management reports as required.
9. Attending management meetings as and when required.
• At least a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
• A Certified public accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA qualification
• Minimum of 3 years of finance and accounting experience preferably in a supply chain environment.
• Solid experience in coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting.
• Proficiency with QuickBooks Online and excellent Excel skills.
• High level of analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
• Strong leadership qualities and strategic planning skills.
• Maintains the highest integrity and ethical standards.
• Excellent reporting, communication and presentation skills.
If you are confident that you fit the role profile, please forward your detailed CV quoting the job title ‘’Finance Manager’’ on the email subject. Kindly state your salary expectation in the CV. Due to the large volumes of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, religion, national origin, political affiliation, disability, age, marital status, medical history, parental status, or genetic information.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.