• Ensure continuous optimisation of all processes with a focus on improvement.
• Ensure that activities are in compliance with laws and regulations.
• Manage and maintain legal requirements regarding health and safety at all times.
• Aligning warehousing and logistics with demand.
• Reporting on progress towards pre-defined goals to management.
• Manage individual and team performance, identifying and addressing staff development needs.
• Keep records of all activities, documenting procedures, guidelines, and changes in procedures for reference purposes.
• Effectively plan warehousing to optimise space availability, ensuring safe storage, clear identification and efficient retrieval of goods.
• Drive efficiencies and cost-down initiatives with key suppliers.
• Negotiate and maintain relationships with couriers and freight forwarders.
• Prepare invoices for orders and deliveries as part of record-keeping measures and evidence of transaction.
• Handle basic bookkeeping.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years as an Operations Manager in the logistics industry.
• Strong knowledge of logistics management for efficient service delivery.
• Experience handling basic bookkeeping.
• Relevant Health and Safety knowledge.
• Able to motivate, organise and encourage individual and team performance to ensure targets are met or exceeded.
• Leads by example and efficiently deals with all people management issues.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills, strong attention to detail and an ability to meet deadlines.
• Numerate, analytical and IT literate with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Confident and highly competent in liaising with customers, suppliers and couriers.
• Excellent human relations skills to be able to work effectively with all members of the team.
Monthly Gross Salary: Open depending on individual skills and experience.
Career Level: Lower Mid-Level.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 18th July 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***