Adept Systems, Management Consultants
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Minimum of 5 years of experience in payroll/finance/accounting.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
To run the payroll in compliance with statutory and contractual obligations and to record and remit all 3rd party payments timeously and accurately.
This position can be based in Nairobi, Kenya
- Maintain personal records for all staff on payroll.
- Maintain leave records for all staff on payroll and calculate monthly leave pay provision.
- Gathering, assisting and processing data for the monthly payroll.
- Make sure payroll is released on time every month by the specified date.
- Update payroll as and when required on authorised request.
- Add/Discharge employees from payroll.
- Run and check payroll.
- Compile and make all 3rd party payments.
- Respond to medical insurance and provident fund queries and/or changes.
- Prepare head count and other reports.
- Reconcile all General Ledger accounts relating to the payroll.
- Monthly PAYE reconciliation.
- Yearly PAYE reconciliation and printing of employee income tax certificates.
- Generate all payroll monthly reports for Finance.
- Assisting with payroll related tax and financial year end procedures, as well as the annual audit.
- Initiate and implement strategies to make the payroll department as efficient as possible.
- Ensuring timeous and accurate submission and payments of the statutory returns.
- Partner with HR & Finance in aligning a sophisticated and streamlined payroll work environment.
- Handle all payroll queries and respond in a timely manner.
- Perform ad hoc assignments as directed.
- Relevant business related tertiary qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in payroll/finance/accounting.
- Demonstrable experience in running payroll independently.
- Advance Excel skills.
- An understanding of the confidential nature of payroll and sensitivity of issues.
Profile & Skill Set:
- Emotional intelligence with strong interpersonal skills.
- Skilled communicator with strong verbal and written abilities.
- Analytical skills and numeracy skills.
- Listening Skills.
- Problem solving.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of payroll principles, processes and procedures.
- Willing to work after hours at times when needed.
- Attention to detail.
- Prioritise, multi-tasking and planning.
- Highly organised.
A passion for wildlife and a commitment to sustainability and conservation.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured