Post-doctoral Research Scientist at African Population And Health Research Center (APHRC)
Research, Teaching & Training
PhD in Public Health, Community Health, or any related field with a specialization/focus on sexual, reproductive, maternal, and adolescent health and abortion research in Africa.
- Minimum Qualification:PHD
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:4 years
- Working with the project team to ensure the successful implementation of the Kenya Abortion Survey;
- and other assigned projects;
- Coordinate the Kenya Abortion Survey project activities, including planning and supporting training, data collection, analysis, and reporting;
- Oversee/lead the development of field and training manuals;
- Oversee the review and translation of research tools;
- Oversee fieldwork of the proposed research project to ensure the timely implementation of field activities;
- Support proposal writing and other fundraising activities within the Unit;
- Ensure ethical approvals and research permits are obtained;
- Oversee data cleaning and analysis;
- Lead the development of project reports;
- Participate in the dissemination of research findings and policy dialogue with appropriate audiences;
- Monitor project budgets and expenditure;
- Prepare project progress reports; and
- Lead and contribute to the development of manuscripts on abortion from this study and other topics within APHRC.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- PhD in Public Health, Community Health, or any related field with a specialization/focus on sexual, reproductive, maternal, and adolescent health and abortion research in Africa.
- At least one year of post-doctoral research experience conducting research on sexual andreproductive health, especially on abortion, in Africa.
- Demonstrated experience in managing research projects.
- Skills in quantitative and qualitative methods, including experience in data analysis withfamiliarity in Stata.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to work independently in a team.
- Extensive experience and expertise working in abortion research (both quantitative andqualitative) and abortion policy in Africa.
- At least four years working and engaging with stakeholders on the topic of abortion, and with knowledge of the post-abortion care landscape.
- Demonstrable ability to write and publish scientific papers based on one’s publication history on sexual and reproductive health and/or abortion
Wed 31st May, 2023 12:00:00 AM
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured