The successful candidate will be the cornerstone supporting the complex domestic and import inputs side of the business, and large-scale construction projects that are core to the company’s growth strategy. The ideal candidate MUST have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar position; at least 2 years in a senior management role.
• Developing and mastering systems to procure material and equipment in a fashion that ensures project success.
• Managing a procurement team to achieve an efficient and quick delivery/procurement speed.
• Working within bill of quantities constraints and project timelines to deliver optimal outcomes, developing supplier relationships, negotiating pricing and payment terms.
• Interfacing with the finance department to track utilization, project cost allocation, and purchase forecasting.
• Developing relationships with the suppliers and ensuring there is mutual cooperation and understanding on the key terms and responsibilities from both parties.
• MUST have a professional procurement exam from a recognized program and have several years of relevant senior procurement experience.
• Must have a minimum of 8 years’ professional experience from a reputable company; at least 2 years in a senior management role.
• Must have proficient knowledge in procurement and supply chain operations.
• Proficient knowledge in computerized procurement systems.
• Experience with procurement processes across the supply chain and procurement process as well as strong experience related to inventory systems.
• Experience in the Aquaculture industry experience will be an added benefit.
• Excellent leadership skills and team building skills.
• Well-developed accounting skills, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent computer skills including the ability to operate and manage computerized procurement spreadsheets and word processing programs.
Monthly Gross Salary: Monthly gross of Ksh.140,000 - 150,000 (Approx.1,400 –1,500 USD) depending on individual skills and experience.
Position Level: Lower Mid-Level Management.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 13th December 2021.