Victory Farms is the fastest growing aquaculture start-up and one of the largest tilapia producers in East Africa. We are on track to become the most efficient and sustainable fish farm in the world, with a mission to feed 2 billion Africans with locally produced, high-quality, protein-rich meals by the end of 2040.
Job Title: Reporting Manager
Reports to: Finance Control manager
Financial Reporting Manager is responsible for managing the preparation and distribution of periodic financial statements for internal and external use. Ensures that reports, filings and documentation complies with company's regulations, professional standards, and GAAP/IFRS reporting guidelines.
• Prepare and interpret all operating results, annual budgets and administer forecasts for monthly management reports.
• Coordinate with various teams and perform complex analysis and prepare reports to summarize financial data.
• Monitor and perform studies to interpret financial actions and modify accounting processes and provide technical advice and recommend improvements for same.
• Develop financial models, prepare forecasts and reporting tools to identify business opportunities, risk and ensure performance better.
• Coordinate with senior management and prepare forecasts and budgets to meet business goals with help of accounting staff and documents all research accounting issues.
• Develop and maintain forecast models for income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement of company.
• Analyse all financial reports and assist in improvement and execution process, review all earning releases, administer investor presentations and conference calls scripts to ensure accuracy.
• Ensure compliance to all reporting requirements, file quarterly forms according to current requirements and document new rules.
• Develop and maintain supporting documents for all financial reports and evaluate it for various departments and committees.
• Coordinate with various departments and prepare recurring financial reporting packages.
• Develop and implement internal financial controls for integration of closing process and financial activities of company.
Experience / Education Required:
• Attainment of a professional accounting designation (ACA, ACCA, CGA, CMA) from a recognized accounting program
• Proficient knowledge in the following areas:
• generally accepted accounting principles
• computerized accounting/finance system
• accounts payable and accounts receivables
• preparation of financial statements and financial reports
• payroll systems and reporting
• Professional experience from a reputable company of minimum of 5 years
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
• great excel skills and financial modeling skills
• excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• team building skills
• well-developed accounting skills
• analytical and problem-solving skills
• decision-making skills