The role requires a high level of competency in risk identification and assessment, the ability to perform complex research and analysis, and a commitment to staying updated on events, incidents, and relevant threats and risks in the region
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 1 year
Research Assistant – Nairobi, Kenya
Our Client, a company that provides analysis, assessments, and specialized consultancy to enable companies to understand and mitigate threats and risks when operating in dynamic and complex environments throughout sub-Saharan Africa is looking for a Research Assistant to be based in Nairobi. The selected candidate will be responsible for timely and appropriate response to key incidents and events. The role requires a high level of competency in risk identification and assessment, the ability to perform complex research and analysis, and a commitment to staying updated on events, incidents, and relevant threats and risks in the region.
• Assisting with research and production of information products, including independent research.
• Conducting background research on political and security developments from a range of different sources.
• Identifying and monitoring potential significant incidents or events that may impact clients.
• Collecting, analyzing, and presenting data using different tools, including Excel.
• Undertaking a daily review of open-source information to identify relevant themes and potential incidents for reporting.
• Drafting and preparing information pieces, research, and analysis for regular and ad hoc reporting, research projects, and proposals.
• Performing various editorial duties, including writing and reviewing materials for reports.
• Maintaining accurate records and following the companys’ formatting and research procedures.
• Demonstrating awareness when handling sensitive information and ensuring confidentiality.
• Providing support with language translations, where relevant.
• Preparing other articles, reports, and presentations.
• Performing any other duties as assigned.
• Must have a bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as international relations, political science, security studies, or a related discipline.
• Must have strong research and analytical skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in data collection, analysis, and presentation, including the use of Excel.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Attention to detail and accuracy in work.
• Familiarity with political and security dynamics in sub-Saharan Africa is desirable.
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
Monthly Net Salary: Ksh. 42,000 /=
Career Level: Entry-Level
Education: Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as international relations, political science, security studies, or a related discipline.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline: 15th December 2023
We endeavour to contact all our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.