The Risk and Compliance Officer will conduct and ensure risk assessment, audit and action plans are adhered to. More specifically ensure that appraisal, lending and recovery policies are cleared defined and followed. He/She will help in product development, internal and external fraud detection while ensuring that proper mitigation steps are applied
- Minimum Qualification: Unspecified
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Position: Risk and Compliance Officer
Location: Kisumu, Kenya
Application Deadline; 31st December 2023
Type of Contract; Permanent
Myfugo helps smallholder dairy farmers improve their productivity and profitability through financial inclusion. Access to loans allows them to meet "just in time needs" such as Veterinary, Artificial Insemination, feed costs and purchase high quality dairy cows.
About the Role
The Risk and Compliance Officer will conduct and ensure risk assessment, audit and action plans are adhered to. More specifically ensure that appraisal, lending and recovery policies are cleared defined and followed. He/She will help in product development, internal and external fraud detection while ensuring that proper mitigation steps are applied.
1. Assist in external reviews and audits.
2. Execute the annual compliance plan under the direction and supervision of a senior compliance officer or team leader.
3. Facilitate in reporting of suspicious transactions.
4. Perform compliance reviews.
5. Prepare and update all risk and compliance related manuals.
6. Provide compliance advisory to business units and business functions.
7. Provide support to senior compliance officers in organizing, designing and delivery of compliance training.
8. Recognize common compliance vulnerabilities and recommend basic compliance controls to mitigate compliance risks.
9. Ensure loans are properly captured and accurate in the Loan Management system
10. Management: Ensure quality management of all Myfugo staff reporting to you and that Myfugo’s HR, Administrative and Loan policies are strictly adhered to.
11. Ensure high quality and timely services to customers.
12. Ensure non-compliance or irregular issues are immediately addressed and escalated to your superiors.
13. Support the company in adopting and achieving regulatory and compliance standards.
14. Perform other functions as assigned to you time to time by the C.E.O.
15. Perform at your highest standards and achieve annual KPIs that shall be discussed and shared with you.
1. Proven work experience as a Credit Officer or Credit Manager.
2. Three years or more as working experience
3. Hands-on experience with lending procedures and products.
4. Ability to create and process financial spreadsheets.
5. Strong analytical skills.
6. Customer service experience.
Diploma/BSc in Banking and Finance, Economics or related field.
Send your CV and accompanying documentation in soft copy with the heading
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.