The RLSF Coordinator will primarily oversee RLSF projects and processes running from identifying pipelines, managing projects implementation and reporting on the same
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:8 years
The RLSF Coordinator will primarily oversee RLSF projects and processes running from identifying pipelines, managing projects implementation and reporting on the same.
Under the Supervision of the Chief Underwriting Officer, the RLSF Coordinator’s key duties and responsibilities will be as below:
- Contribute to the improvement of policies and documents relating to the Regional Liquidity Support Facility (RLSF) such as legal documentation, RLSF agreements (MoUs etc.), brochures, policy documentation, investment policy, cash management policy, risk management policy, etc. if applicable;
- To gather and analyze feedback from the Energy Sector and take this feedback into consideration in product development including products for the benefit of off-grid and C&I projects;
- Identify effective RLSF marketing channels and promote the RLSF among potential investors and lenders, through these channels (partner web sites, brochures, conferences, etc.);
- Contribute to define the strategy and conditions per country. Develop and maintain country cover notes;
- Develop and regularly identify a pipeline of IPP projects for RLSF and coordinate with the African Energy Guarantee Facility (AEGF) to identify synergies, potential for collaboration between AEGF and RLSF on projects. Wherever suitable, this includes also marketing and events relevant to the implementation of both initiatives – RLSF and AEGF, and coordination with AEGF stakeholders like EIB and Munich Re;
- Contribute to the definition and updating of the RLSF pricing strategy;
- Coordinate with the Portfolio and Risk Teams on updates to the underwriting guidelines in the Operations Manual relevant to RLSF
- Upon request by ATI management, support with communication to potential future investors and stakeholders in respect of RLSF as well as provide support to ATI in responding to queries from donors or any other stakeholders;
- Identification of ATI needs for further Technical Assistance, identification of potential donors, coordination of mobilization efforts and support Legal in documentation of Technical Assistance (TA) Agreements;
- Coordination of the reporting requirements from all RLSF partners and compliance with the Framework Arrangement and Financing Agreement(s) entered into with various partners;
- Manage the accounting of TA expenditure to relevant partners including the confirmation that services that are being invoiced by ATI were actually performed and documented, the payments have already been effected by ATI and all necessary documents have been presented and are in line with regulations/ standards.
- Support ATI in managing TA (including budgeting, recruitment of consultants, ATI internal staff and implementation of any agreed tasks) within agreed milestones;
- Propose improvements to the Transparency Tool and follow up on adaptation of the Tool by stakeholders;
- Support the incorporation of RLSF in the Underwriting System, including improvements to current initiatives in this regard. Support the development of specifications for the underwriting system for changes that are required by the RLSF product;
- Improve the expertise and underwriting methodology of RLSF;
- Coach, train and develop the underwriting competencies of the Underwriting Team on Energy projects. Identify training opportunities for the ATI team relevant to underwriting of RLSF transactions;
- Review energy projects and propose the best underwriting structure. Support underwriters in the review of the transactions themselves (Non-Binding Indication (NBI) and Underwriting stages) if required;
- Underwrite large/ complex deals;
- Assist ATI in becoming a center of excellence in energy/ renewable energy;
- Prepare timely reports to the RLSF Steering Committee.
- Support the periodic audit of RLSF
- To manage the Regional Liquidity Support Facility (RLSF) and the African Energy Guarantee Facility (AEGF) including any reporting requirements to external partners;
- To work with the Chief Underwriting Officer and the Chief Financial Officer in claims determination and payment as well as claims avoidance;
- To perform other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA), Finance, Economics, Banking or other financial service specialization;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Banking or other financial service specialization
- CII or CPA/ACCA (an added advantage);
- A minimum of eight (8) years relevant experience;
- Technical understanding, expertise, and experience in insurance and re-insurance;
- A proven track record of success underwriting complex transactions or providing sector specific underwriting skills;
- Key Stakeholders management skills;
- Demonstrate ability to initiate ideas for Product development;
- Team leadership skills;
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of policy wordings;
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to details;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Good judgement and decision making skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet urgent deadlines;
- Excellent communication (oral, written, presentation) and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Strong people management skills; and
- Demonstrate ATI’s core values – unity of purpose, customer first approach, integrity, getting it first the right time and creativity.
- Bilingual abilities (English and French) will be a competitive advantage
The above positions will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. The role descriptions and fuller details of the duties are hyperlinked on each of the roles above.
Qualifications, Experience and other Attributes
The successful candidates must have suitable qualifications and attributes as indicated in the job description for each position. All applications must be in English.
How to Apply
Candidates are required to submit an electronic copy of the following:
- Application Letter;
- CV, plus details of your current remuneration package if applicable along with details of three referees; and
- Personal History Form accessed via the following link:https://bean-space.tk/ati/download-docs/Personal-History-Form.xls
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position applied for as the subject of your email.
The closing date is Friday, 30 September 2022 at Midnight Nairobi time.
ATI offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a collegial working environment commensurate with other multilaterals. ATI reserves the right to not make an appointment, or to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description. ATI will only contact those applicants who are being actively considered for an interview.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured