Seeking an exceptional finance analyst to lead the annual budget process for Rwanda operations, update and deliver the rolling 5-year forecasts, and provide monthly updates on our full-year financial projections.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
As Senior Forecasting Associate you will lead the annual budget process for our Rwanda operations, update and deliver the rolling 5-year forecasts, and provide monthly updates on our full-year financial projections (i.e. the expected outturn for each financial year).
You will report to the Rwanda Strategy and Performance Lead and work with the Rwanda Reporting Associate, and Rwanda Country Leadership, to deliver on our annual budgets and 5-year forecasts. You will join a growing Financial Advisory Services team based in Kigali, Rwanda.
Lead the annual budget process
- Lead the roll-out of new budgeting software, including promoting, training, and change management.
- Determine the organization's financial capacity, calculate financial constraints, and help establish budget targets for 33 departments.
- Work with departments as they prepare bottoms-up budgets, ensuring accuracy and accountability from department leaders.
- Work with department leaders to create budget strategies to optimize future business scenarios.
Lead the rolling financial projections
- Update the annual (outturn) financial projections monthly to ensure healthy cash flow and financial sustainability of the organization.
- Oversee and routinely update the 5-year forecast model for changes in business strategy and operations, and global trends.
- Provide financial analysis and strategic input to facilitate routine, high-level decision-making by Rwanda leadership, including analyzing investment opportunities and new grants.
- Communicate complex accounting concepts to Rwanda leadership and where needed deliver relevant training to facilitate and improve understanding.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 5+ years of experience in an accounting or finance role, of which 2+ was spent as a budget analyst, financial analyst, management accountant, or similar.
- A record of promoting organizational growth through effective forecasting.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (specifically, advanced formulas, pivot tables and charts).
- Experience in using Accounting software (SAP, Sage, QuickBooks).
- Familiarity with forecasting methods and analysis of material forecast drivers.
- The ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of accounting best practices and regulations as relates to budgeting and forecasting.
- Degree in degree in Accounting, Finance or a relevant field.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
19 April 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will invariably arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve extraordinary impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured