We are an established manufacturing company, operating in Nairobi with intent of strengthening our sales team.
To this end, we have identified vacant positions that need to be filled immediately.
We are seeking to hire Sales Representatives to drive sales and ensure market expansion. Successful candidates will be responsible for following up / closing sales, building on client relationships, team management and working hand in hand with other departments in ensuring timely service delivery to clients.
Reporting to: Operations Manager/ General Manager / Directors
Purpose of role
• Responsible for ensuring availability and distribution of our products across all markets.
• Increasing and maintaining our market share.
• Maintain customer relations and perform market research to ensure we understand our customer needs.
• Act as a representative of the company to partners whilst ensuring that lasting relationships are created and maintained.
• Liaising with other departments to ensure smooth flow and timely delivery of our services.
Key Result Areas (KRAs) (Role and Responsibilities)
• Achieve an increase in the number of accounts and brand visibility of company products.
• Negotiate product listing, payment terms and shelf-share.
• Monitoring and reporting of market trends and conditions, competitor activities, products, process, and developments.
• Managing merchandiser route coverage, monitoring their order generation and in-store activities as per their roles and set targets.
• Management of customer accounts by ensuing timely collection of payments.
• Effective top - bottom communication to ensure the team is well informed on real-time for efficient delivery on set objectives.
• Motivating the teams and continuous trainings to ensure the teams are well facilitated to carry out their duties
• Cultivate and nurture strong relationships with business partners.
• Maintain accurate records of all accounts’ and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales and follow-up activities.
• Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
Desired Candidate Profile
• Candidate must have 2 - 4 years’ work experience in field sales.
• Diploma/Degree in Sales and Marketing or related field.
• Should be a highly motivated, aggressive and results oriented.
• Excellent interpersonal and good verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to work in a team and manage a team.
• Driving license will be an added advantage
• Must have a current certificate of good conduct
• Good understanding of the MS Word and MS Excel
• Have a smart phone