PATRON CASH LIMITED
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
PATRON is a fast-growing fintech company specializing in online lending. We are currently looking for a Senior Accountant to join the strong team of like-minded people and participate in the development of the application for 1.2 billion people in Africa!
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
The Senior Accountant will be tasked with managing all financial functions to ensure that the company meets legal and best practices in its financial matters.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Correctly maintain accounting controls;
· Readiness to manage several legal entities;
· Perform general accounting and taxes duties efficiently;
· Correctly prepare audit documents;
· Control and perform all tax payments that company has to make;
· Managing the company’s ITAX account;
· Be 100% compliant with accounting procedures and tax law;
· Identify aspects of the business where there is a potential leaking of money and help to fix it;
· Maintaining the company’s accounting records in accordance with Kenyan laws;
· Keeping informed about current legislation relating to finance and accounting;
· Proactively recommend policies and procedures;
· Be able to recommend software that automatically generates accounting and tax reports based on the data entered into it and ability to use it effectively; keep records in such programs.
· Willingness to provide advice and explanations. Ability to explain complex things in simple words;
· Be able to explain why it is necessary to do this way, and not otherwise. Willingness to motivate their point of view with reference to legislation.
· Analyze on-going processes and propose corrective actions and continues improvements;
· Helping the company develop a strong internal control system to help in good financial management.
· At least Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business-related field;
· At least 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar/equivalent position in a bank/MFO/other credit organization;
· Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant;
· Confident knowledge of current Kenyan legislation relating to finance and accounting (Digital Service Tax, Corporation tax, Excise Duty and PAYE, etc.);
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word required;
· Attention to detail;
· Understanding of mathematics, accounting and financial processes;
· Proactivity and proven ability to meet deadlines and work with limited supervision;
· Good management, administrative and communication skills
· Experience of working with Slack and Jira are a big plus!
· Fully remote work - our distributed team works from different countries and time zones;
· Work schedule 5/2, flexible beginning of the working day;
· Paid vacation 28 calendar days + 3 additional days;
· Professional development - compensation for professional courses and literature;
· No bureaucracy, dress code or formalism;
· An exciting high-load project that people need today!
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured