Persea Oils & Orchards
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
We are recruiting a full-time Senior Accountant position based in Thika. The Snr accountant will report to the Finance Manager and will maintain financial records and reports, perform account reconciliations, assist with budget and close processes, and maintain accounts payable documentation.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the following key activities:
- Managing billing for all Persea’s projects including allocating all monthly costs to the respective projects.
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work.
- Ensuring all invoices are sent out on time to the respective customers.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Liase with customs agents to ensure all duties and other Import/Export charges are paid on time.
- Ensuring all Supplier Payments are done on a timely basis
- Preperation and presentation of Monthly Management Accounts Reports
- Preparation of the consolidated financial statements
- Managing the monthly variance analysis and providing commentary on the financial performance
- Preparation of Weekly, Monthly and Annual Budgets
- Preparation of Cashflow Statements and Projections
- Support internal and external audit functions by ensuring all necessary documentation is ready
- Ensuring all procurement procedures are complied with.
- Perform Variance analyses and prepare account reconciliations.
- Completing Subsidiary /Branch accounts
- Ensure reliability of accounting and tax information by implementing appropriate procedures, checks and performance indicators.
- Ensure familiarity with accounting and tax regulations.
- Oversee the preparation of the company's tax returns and other periodic statutory deductions.
- Ensure adherence to all company internal controls, financial policies and procedures.
- Oversee the maintenance of a proper and functional data registry and filing system.
- Conduct and supervise monthly inventory stock takes and maintaining reconciliation schedules.
- Daily reconciliation of cash for field activities and ensure all field teams have sufficient imperest.
- Ensure cost minimization on all functions in the company
Criteria for the position
The following qualifications are necessary for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant – CPA (K).
- 5+ years of accounting experience in a Manufacturing company.
- Working knowledge of IFRS.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks online.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Advanced Excel Workbook and technology skills required.
- MS Office ( Outlook/Word and Power Point) Skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Fluency in English/ Kiswahili.
We are also looking for the following skills and attributes:
- Interest in learning new accounting systems and technologies.
- Previous work experience working with process costing.
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to delivery.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding organization and time management skills, with an attention to detail and an ability to establish systems to manage constant flows of information and deliver on deadlines
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured