We are looking for a Senior Android Engineer responsible for the development and maintenance of our video-centric Android app. You will work to create an awesome & engaging app experience for our users by working on features such as content visualization and social interaction.
- Your primary focus will be the development of the app and its integration with back-end services.
- You will lead the Android team working on this app and along-side other engineers and developers, work on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality and scalable products is essential.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Proficient in Kotlin/Java with at least 3+ years of professional experience with Kotlin.
- Experience with standard android frameworks, core & third party libraries including CameraX, Dagger/Hilt, Coroutines, Jetpack, Databinding & Retrofit
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Material design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience and knowledge of Android MVVM and MVP architecture patterns.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Familiarity and experience creating/improving features around working with the camera.
- Familiarity with cloud messaging APIs and push notifications.
- Proficient understanding of GIT version control.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Up to date with key trends & technologies in the mobile space.
- 5+ years of mobile application development experience.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Proven software development experience and native Android skills development.
- Proven working experience in Android app development.
- Have published at least one original Android app.
- Examples of your work (e.g Portfolio, github or private projects)