• Assist logistics process for the development of new products, inventory maintenance, clearing, shipment and delivery, and returns on products.
• Keep detailed records, generate reports, and develop presentations to help management understand the logistics perspective.
• Build relationships within the company and with external parties, such as suppliers or distributors.
• Read and comprehend legal documents, such as contracts or import/export agreements.
• Understanding of principles of accounting and finance.
• Collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds in order to identify problems and find solutions.
• Reviewing and updating supply chain practices in line with company policies, standards, laws and regulations
• Negotiating terms and prices with suppliers and freight companies, monitoring and assessing their performance and maintaining cost effective practices
• Implementing logistic strategies, tracking goods from the origination point to the warehouse
• Analysing the supply chain data and solving any issues or putting alternative plans in place
• Identifying and minimizing risk by predicting the demand for products and adopting new technology with no interruption to the process
• Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders. Negotiate contracts for transportation, distribution, or logistics services
• Developing safety guidelines, teaching and enforcing the protocols
• Bachelor's degree in business management, supply chain management, or related field.
• 10 years Experience in oil and gas industry.
• Ability to manage logistics of all aspects of supply chain, from product development to the shipment of finished items.
• Understanding of accounting or finance.
• Must be able to comprehend legal documents.
• Strong communication skills and the desire to build lasting relationships with people all over the world.