Our client is a top Company in Ethiopia and due to expansion the following position has come up in the organization:
Systems And Sage Super User
Reporting to the Finance Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for providing first-line user support, analyzing and resolving ad hoc queries regarding the entire Sage Deployment in the organization. The Organization is current running SAGE X3 version 9 and will soon be upgrade to version 12. Therefore the ideal candidate must demonstrate hands-on experience in supporting the two versions of SAGE.
Products, services, programs and information which the individual must provide to external individuals or groups, or one another to accomplish the organization’s mission and strategy:
• Provide first-line user support, analyze and resolve ad hoc queries regarding the entire Sage Installations.
• Give first line support to internal customers on a daily basis.
• Liaise with second-line support and development teams.
• Assist in identifying user training needs.
• Assist with the training and provide one-on-one coaching of business users.
• Ensure that SAGE user manuals have been issued and read by all users.
• Propose to Group IT any changes required on the user manuals.
Daily Systems use and Compliance
• Monitor and ensure that users are using the system as designed on a daily basis.
• Assist users to close our transactions successfully in Sage on a daily basis
• Report to management any departments or sections not using SAGE on a daily basis for corrective action.
Roles and Segregation of Duties
• Help define and refine business processes for Sage End to end.
• Clearing of failed interface and integration transactions and relevant reporting to management.
• Assist with the design of roles within Sage and resolve any segregation of duties issues together with the authorizations team.
• Help ensure that Sage user documentation is accurate and complete.
• Analyze causes of failures on Sage interfaces and integration messages and events.
• Analyze reconciliation reports (e.g. Sage vs One Stream), identify reasons for differences and work with the business owners to resolve.
• Liase with Group Central Sage support to ensure that master data maintenance is accurate and timeous.
New Systems and Solution Development
• Assist with planning, design, testing and implementation of Sage functionalities.
• Assist with the creation of test packs to support testing Sage scenarios.
• Assist with the preparation and planning for UAT e.g. facilities, test data, identification of correct business participants.
• Assist with the identification of solution gaps and the review, approval and prioritization of potential changes.
• Serve as internal consultants to the Sage project teams on current business processes and procedures.
• Contribute to the SAGE awareness and compliance programme to facilitate increasing SAGE knowledge & skills within the business.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounts
• Certified accountant OR ACCA accredited
• At least 5 years’ proven track record in Finance, Supply Chain, Operations Support or Systems Support.
• Must possess the ability to specialize and further develop skills in other system being run across the group.
• Experience in managing and leading outsourced service providers
• Strong knowledge of IT service management/service control processes
• Strong knowledge and understanding of IT technology including interfaces and integration.
• Experience leading service teams, internal and/or vendors
• Good commercial and business awareness
• Good technical knowledge/understanding of SAGE technology
• Experience with UAT
• Experience in SAGE in a logistics environment
• Computer knowledge:
- MS Excel (advanced)
- MS Word
• English written and verbal communication skills
• Interpersonal skills (relationship-building, leadership)
• Open to critical feedback and delivery focus
• Organizing & time management skills
• Quality focus and attention to detail
• Aptitude for technology
• Withstanding pressure and able to cope with short/tight deadlines
• Problem solver and professional analytical skills
• Team player
• Integrity and honesty
• Innovative and able to work on own initiative
• Positive attitude
• Work well under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Solution and task oriented
Interested Applicants should submit their CV’s clearly marked “SAGE SUPER USER” on the subject line.
Duration on Employment
• This position is for a Contract Period of 2 years with the option of extension