Must be registered with the TSC and have a valid TSC Number
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
Our Client is a private Primary and Secondary School situated in Nairobi. The School is seeking to fill several positions which include PP1, Grade 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a subject teacher
- Maintaining all the necessary academic records pertaining to his/her class/subject.
- Setting the right learning environment and ensuring learner comfort, safety accessibility and readiness to learn during every one of his/her lessons.
- Effectively attending to all lessons and employ all professionalism to ensure individual achievement of the set outcomes.
- Providing for proper reinforcement activities e.g. notes, exercises, projects etc. (evidence for all lessons conducted must be found with the students.)
- Ensuring proper class control and overall class discipline during his lesson and in school at large.
- Constantly checking, marking and correcting the students’ books.
- Conduct examination, mark the scripts, revise and conduct remedial classes where necessary.
- Organizing and participate in co-curricular activities.
- Ensuring overall development of the students, intellectually, emotionally, spiritually and morally.
- Maintaining high standard of performance and ensuring that his/her subject/class attains the set target mean as amended from time to time.
As a class teacher
- Must teach the specific class.
- Maintain all the class records including attendance registers, students’ progress, lesson attendance by the teachers and class diary/journals.
- Responsible for the facilities in his/her classroom and ensure that they are at their best possible state.
- Set and implement strategies to achieve targets related to the individual students and the class as a whole.
- Know all the students by name, character, background, strengths and weakness in order to help them improve.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on students’ progress in discipline and key learning areas.
- Encourage positive competition in his/her class and also rally them to actively participate in inter-class competitions.
- Enforce discipline in class and ensure that students adhere to the school rules and regulations.
- Continuously guide and counsel the students as a class, individually or in groups.
- Coordinate class meetings, record the outcomes and address the issues raised by the students.
- Enhance communication and maintain a good rapport with the parents/guardians of his students.
- Must be a qualified school teacher with a degree or diploma in the field of education.
- Must be registered with the TSC and have a valid TSC Number.
- At least three years’ experience in teaching.
- Needs to have some knowledge on CBC.
- Must be versed with basic computer knowledge and skills
- A person of high moral character and integrity, self-driven and depict problem solving abilities.
- Must have a track record of good performance.
If you feel like you meet the above specifications, please send your current CV with the subject as the specific position, to reach us not later than 30th November 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.