Treasury and Payments Finance Manager
One Acre Fund
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Seeking an experienced professional to manage the efficient use of One Acre Fund's cash and financial resources and lead the team responsible for making payments across all countries of operation.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
Finance is seeking a Treasury and Payments Finance Manager who will manage the efficient use of cash and financial resources in a manner consistent with the objectives of One Acre Fund. You will also lead the team responsible for making payments across all countries of operation and ensuring that there is enough cash to meet our obligations across all cash accounts. You will report to the CFO and advise program teams on cash and payments-related initiatives that support their strategy. You will enhance the quality of support provided by your team to company partners and ultimately to the farmer.
- Manage cash. You will manage our daily cash needs across ten countries, banking relationships and liquidity. This will entail working with cross-country teams and scheduling out known cash payments to develop short-term cash forecasts. You will monitor foreign currency changes and other cash-related risks, propose then execute best-fit responses.·
- Maintain policies. You will own and review payments policies ensuring that they are implemented through tight operational practices and systems work. ·
- Business partnership. You will lead projects that support strategy execution for the program teams at the pilot stage and proactively design scale-fit payments/cash processes.·
- Service debt and other treasury products. You will work with other finance teams to make optimal use of our assets and to support loan facilities and drawdowns. You will procure treasury products required for operational activities at the best possible turnaround time.·
- Lead team. You will manage a team of ~15 through three direct reports and work toward increasing efficiency, customer centricity, and operational autonomy
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 8+ years of work experience in a treasury or cash management or finance operations role
- Five years of experience in managing teams including carefully planning for dependencies
- Long-term association in delivering high standard quality of service
- Familiarity with Electronic Banking & Trading Platforms and Treasury Management Systems
- Result-oriented and service-minded approach
- Project management skills and solid experience working with Excel (can perform complex functions)
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Kigali, Rwanda or Nairobi, Kenya
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in our countries of operation are preferred.
24 May 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured