Only applications received via BrighterMonday will be considered. Any phone calls, emails or other types of canvassing may lead to your application being disqualified.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements set out below.
Jiji.co.ke is the no 1 online marketplace in Kenya! Join Jiji now and become a part of Pan-African Company having a presence in 5 African Countries. Take the opportunity to join the fast-growing and leading online marketplace in Kenya.
We are looking for an ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT to offer support to the Chief Finance Officer with business accounting activities
Key responsibilities & deliverables;
• Providing administrative support to the Accounting Department.
• Performing basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing the mail, basic book keeping etc.
• Managing Petty cash transactions.
• Handling communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in-person.
• Processing transactions, issuing checks, and updating ledgers, budgets, etc.
• Preparing financial reports.
• Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
• Ensuring accuracy in all payment’s transactions.
• Preparation of statutory accounts.
• Making relevant journals on all transactions.
• Other duties as maybe be assigned to you from time to time.
Academic Qualifications and Skills
• Degree in Finance and Accounting from a recognized university
• CPA part II
• Conversancy in using QuickBooks online
• 1 year working experience in a busy accounts department
• High level of accuracy and attention to details
• Great analytical skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Integrity and Professionalism
Why join Jiji Team
• New age company with sustainable future
• Modern office work environment
• Brilliant, young, energetic and friendly team
• Interact with brilliant minds from all our team who have a global presence
Benefits for you when working with Jiji
• We are a global e-commerce company driven by technology which you will learn
• Challenging goals and fast-paced environment, which will lead to your rapid personal & professional growth
• Transport to and from work daily
• Cool work perks like monthly TGIF’s, out of office end year parties, thematic Friday’s
• A work culture that encourages innovation and creativity
Salary - Negotiable
Send us your detailed resume with the subject line ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT