Only applications received via BrighterMonday will be considered. Any phone calls, emails or other types of canvassing may lead to your application being disqualified.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements set out below.
1. POSITION DETAILS
Job Title: Assistant Tax Manager
Line Manager Title and Work Level: Direct Reporting to CFO – Dotted line Reporting to Divisional Tax Manger
Job Function: Assistant Tax Manager
Business Unit: Motors Group Ltd
2. ROLE PURPOSE & CONTEXT:
Managing tax compliance, tax planning and tax risk management for the Al-Futtaim East Africa Automotive Group.
This position is responsible for driving the Group tax strategy within all markets where the East Africa Automotive Group is operational. It includes managing the Tax Operating Model which involves working with tax community members and taking ownership of tax compliance, tax planning, transfer pricing, tax accounting, and tax documentation for the Automotive Group.
The successful candidate will work closely with Al-Futtaim Group Tax and Divisional Tax along with businesses, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out responsibilities. He or she will primarily work with tax and financial management within the Group, the Company and third-party service providers.
3. RESOURCE COMPLEXITY
Direct Reports (Number and WL information): 0
4. KEY ROLE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES (WL2+) or TASKS (WL1):
• Tax Strategy
• Manage the implementation of the Group Tax strategy from a planning, compliance and risk management perspective
• Business Community
• Build relationships and interact with stakeholders to provide excellent tax advisory expertise on business transactions and acquisitions
• Tax Community
• Coordinate with tax staff in all geographies and assess their performance in line with the Al-Futtaim tax code of conduct
• Tax Compliance
• Ensure correct and timely filing of all Tax Returns based on country specific tax calendars and review complex income Tax Returns
• Tax Planning
• Identify tax planning opportunities within the limits of tax risk management
• Tax Risk Management
• Identify and mitigate tax risks in all geographies where the East Africa Automotive Group operates
• Tax Accounting
• Manage the tax provision process and supervise tax balances on general ledger
• Tax Document Management
• Ensure all documents are collected on a central database and handle requests for information
• Tax Controversy
• Manage tax audits in collaboration with Group Tax
• Transfer pricing
• Ensuring that the East Africa Automotive Group adheres to the Transfer Pricing Regulations in all geographies where the Group operates and ensure proper transfer pricing documentation is maintained.
5. PERSON SPECIFIC:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
• Tax, Finance or Accounting certified
• Fluent in English (written and verbal)
• Regional tax knowledge is mandatory
• 4-6 years in an international tax environment
• Big 4 Accounting Firm experience required
• Tax technical skills and tax accounting
• Project management skills
• Ability to work on various on-going projects with good organisational and time management skills
• Pro-active attitude
• Team player
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Highly motivated, energetic, hard worker