Salary: Ksh. 100,000/=
B. JOB SUMMARY: Describe the Purpose of your Job in 2-3 Sentences. (What and how do you do and why do you do it?)
• Managed and develop a customer base within the assigned territory to increases their throughput and achieve the Revenue and Volume targets set for specific customers and the territory.
• Manage customer service and ensure delivery of the customer propositions within the assigned territory through implementing sales development activities within the assigned territory
• Manage the Sales and Operations team
C. KEY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Briefly describe the primary duties/responsibilities of your job in 5-8 bullet points. Please list these duties in order of importance and include the percentage of time spent or required for each activity.
• Listing the full range of company's products with the Key accounts as per communicated targets.
• Retain and nurture existing customers, ensuring repeat sales, volume growth, increased rate of sale and customer satisfaction.
• Open quality new customer accounts, promoting distribution through approved route to market partners for both Modern and general trade.
• Develop and manage efficient distribution networks for sales.
• Develop efficient and creative sales and marketing strategies for the assigned territory and target setting for the sales team.
• Collecting customer and market feedback and reporting the same to the organization.
• Develops and delivers customized presentations regarding ECPL programs and products, including innovation to store management.
• Responsible for ensuring timely collection of accounts receivable and trouble shooting any issues in our Order To Cash processes
Responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Sales & Operations team and working to create a culture of high performance through monitoring, training and motivating existing sales team to drive revenue growth and performance managing the teams results
TRACKING AND MEASURING PERFORMANCE
• Ensure accurate and comprehensive filling of daily performance reports
• Participate in problem solving meetings between ECPL and with 3rd party partners
• Monitoring sales team performance, analyzing sales data, periodical forecasting and target setting for the Sales and Operations teams
• Ensure timely periodic reporting to the management team and timely escalation of issues to unblock business performance
• The Business Development Manager will be required to also coordinate some supply chain and logistic activities working with 3rd Parties to facilitate adequate supply of product
D. ORGANIZATION IMPACT/ INFLUENCE: Indicate the nature and level of your contacts within and outside the Company, as well as the nature and purpose of the interaction.
• The position requires frequent contact with independent customers and Top management within 3rd party partners (Customers and vendors ).
• Interactions with ECPL top management especially during market visits and through reporting and market intelligence routines.
• Role holders will be key in the development of distributor / 3rd party partner sales reps on ECPL processes and products.
E. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: List the number, if any, and type (full-time, part-time, contract) of your direct reports; indicate the extent of your involvement in supervision including hiring, conducting performance reviews, and terminations as well as team leadership, coordination of work assignments and other indirect supervision. Please attach a copy of your current organization chart, if available.
• The Sales Rep will be expected to develop and influence the distributor / wholesaler sales reps in the execution of their work.
• There are no direct supervisory relationships for this role.
F. RELATED JOB REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS: List the competencies needed to successfully perform your job, including the number of years and type of previous work experience. Please do not describe your own skills and experience, rather it should be the minimum amount required to perform the job.
• At least over 5 years years of Field Sales and Operations management experience preferably in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
• In depth understanding of Commercial and Customer strategy
• Demonstrable great people and performance management skills
• Self starter with ability to work independently
• Spoken communication – put simply, you’re a people person. Whether you’re talking to a customer or a colleague, explaining a product or sorting out a problem, you’ll make sure everything you say is clear, concise and totally jargon-free. We aim to make the complex simple every time.
• Customer Relationships – you’ll be great at quickly building rapport to create long lasting relationships. You’ll delight your customers and turn them in to true brand advocates.
• Selling skills – as a people person you’ll be able to sell through great service. You’ll have experience from any environment involving face to face customer interaction or perhaps a combination of phone and face to face. FMCG experience would be a great thing to have.
• Organization – you have great organizational and planning skills. That means you can organize and prioritize your workload to meet deadlines and know where to look to solve a problem.
• Procedural/product specialist knowledge – you’ll build your knowledge and keep up to date with the latest products, including the latest regulatory requirements which may affect what you do day to day.
• Analytical skills – you’re able to do basic calculations and work from simple data.
G. EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Indicate the minimum education level required to perform the job.
• Diploma in Sales and Marketing, a degree will be an added advantage
• Demonstrated working knowledge of IT systems and information processing applications e.g. MS Word, MS Excel
• Proven knowledge and experience in sales, marketing, and customer management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication
H. CULTURAL DIVERSITY: Please describe any language, ethnic or culture differences you face in your job. List any supervisory or Company spokesperson responsibilities you may have
• Responsibility and Interaction within a diverse team of individuals and with trade partners, English and Swahili are the Primary Languages
I. ANALYSIS: Describe the types of problems you must solve to successfully perform your job. Is the process well defined, or must you develop new approaches to solve these problems?
• Exploring innovation alternatives to transform our thinking and approach to business today
• Increased sharing and use of information to promptly apply key learning to the business
• Improve selling and merchandising performance facilitated by closer relationship between ECPL and outlet owner leading to higher top-line growth (e.g. in-outlet execution, POSM placement, etc)
J. JUDGEMENT AND DECISION MAKING: Describe the nature and impact of decisions required in your job. Distinguish between recommendations you make to someone else and decisions where you have final authority. Indicate your involvement (if any) with ABP and OBP development and execution.
• Identifies Customer and Channel value creation initiatives and connects them with the business plans.
• Sets the agenda and the work plan for the development of the Modern Trade Retail Environment