Reports to: Regional Managing Director
The Candidate will work as a Country Sales Manger for Kenya and with the primary responsibility to develop and deploy sales strategies that ensure achievement of business goals in Kenya.
The individual will be responsible for leading a team of sales and other functional professionals with the plan to grow sales in Kenya for a range of medical products.
The ideal candidate will be an individual that is highly driven, strategic, and process & detail oriented with a focus on achieving results and leading effective teams.
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies and ensure achievement of quarterly and annual company targets and to extend customer base and reach.
- Responsible for driving sales growth, maximizing ROI, and accountability for achieving business goals and revenue targets.
- Effective leadership and salesforce team management, including to establish systems that ensure salesforce efficiency and effectiveness, including supervision, monitoring, and incentive schemes.
- Optimize and standardize field sales methods in order to ensure performance and continuous growth.
- Develop and execute well-designed distribution and route-to-market strategies to ensure ROI and consistent growth in sales
- Strong understanding of market trends and competitor activity with a view to present business cases for future years with the senior leadership
- Ensure the achievement of agreed sales target product-wise and territory-wise of the country.
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts, especially distributors
- Ensure 100% execution of company’s product distribution strategy, campaigns, customer coverage and customer service strategy in each channel and territory.
- Provide on-the-job training and improve each team member’s effectiveness in the in the trade to ensure availability of our products with all pharmacies, chemist shops, whole sellers, sub whole sellers.
- Develop and implement the Sales Incentive Schemes and Sales promotions in order to increase the sales volume and improve team’s performance
- Prepare monthly, quarterly presentation of the overall achievement of the business with plans on how to improve the performance; conduct continuous analysis and scrutinize data to identify areas for growth.
- Minimum qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 15 years of sales experience with at least 5 years experience in a senior managerial/supervisory role (preferably with experience in the pharmaceutical industry)
- Candidate must have experience in handling team size of 15+ people
- Proficiency in CRM software and Microsoft Office Suite
Skills & Competencies
- Having a high level of initiative and drive, results oriented
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing sales supervision and monitoring tools
- Having a strong sense of accountability, responsibility and commitment to one’s duties
- Able to manage a team and their performance
- Supervisory and Leadership skills
- An ability to understand and analyze sales performance metrics and departmental reports
- Demonstrated success managing large sales teams and national sales operations.
- Strong command of salesforce administration, including reporting requirements, supervision techniques, KPIs, and performance monitoring.