Description of Duties.
- Achieve set departmental sales targets.
- Coordinate and direct all sales of organic green produce and organic value-added dry goods and any other items such as eco-friendly packaging materials as may from time to time be added to the portfolio. This involves coordination and supervision of weekly green produce sales.
- Directly manage sales teams to ensure maximum coverage, market storms and selling activities reach as wide an audience as possible.
- Identify the training needs of all team members as well as evaluation of performance after setting targets for each member of the team.
- Develop route plans for salespersons to maximize revenue and minimize expenses.
- Coordinate and pursue listings in supermarkets, hypermarkets, minimarts, stockists, distributorships and stores for all items in the portfolio.
- Plan merchandising in high footprint stores to maximize sales and ensure return on investment.
- Coordinate Ecommerce platform sales and meet set targets.
- Ensure stock levels are monitored and re-order levels set for all items in the revenue centre.
- Manage the packhouse to ensure operational, hygiene and safety standards are met and that adherence to regulatory authorities is at 100%.
- Maintain optimal stock levels for sales maximization and zero stock-outs.
- Prepare accurate reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Maintain departmental petty cash and ensure timely reconciliation for reimbursement.
- Coordinate marketing with the appropriate department to ensure constituency in brand awareness.
- Manage the business to self-sustainability
- Ensure proper records are maintained and postings in appropriate software performed immediately
after each sale
- Plan weekly meeting to review performance and ensure minutes are circulated immediately at worst
within two working days
- Reporting needs include; daily – sales versus targets and expenditure reports, weekly – versus targets,
sales strategy action plans and expenditure reports, monthly – sales versus targets, sales strategy action
plans and expenditure reports
- Holds a degree in sales and Marketing
- Membership in a professional sales and marketing body (CIM preferred)
- Knowledge of basic accounting
- Knowledge of basic computing
- Management skills and team leadership are mandatory skills
- Be a holder of a valid driving license
- At least 5 years’ experience in a busy sales environment