We are seeking a dynamic Finance Director keen to work in a startup environment and is passionate about Africa’s growth, understands technology and wants to be part of a great growth story. This position is a unique leadership role and will be part of the core team that is setting out to build a pan African Data Center colocation business. The Finance Director will collaborate with the CEO to create strategic growth plans, build the Finance Team.
An advanced degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related field; several years of experience in finance. Other key skills : excellent mathematical skills, leadership skills; management experience, integrity, honesty, exceptional communication skills both written and verbal. Thorough understanding of business principles and practices, superior attention to detail, planning skills, problem-solving skills, research skills, analytical skills, critical thinking skills, computer skills, multi-tasking skills.
• Collaborate with the CEO to create strategic growth plans and build a well-functioning Finance team.
• Run and coordinate annual audits, monthly reports and report on all operating entities.
• Oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets for each business department and assist in company-wide budgetary planning
• Ensure that all of the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation
• Analyse the financial climate and market trends to assist senior executives in creating strategic plans for the future
• Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed
• Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
• Supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
• Seek out methods and practices to minimise financial risk
• Contract auditing services to ensure financial monitoring is up-to-date
• Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions and accountants
• Update and implement financial policies and procedures, maintain a policy manual for the department
• Work with human resources employees to secure candidates who will be an asset to the finance department
• Establish and implement a training program for new finance employees.
Required Skills & Experience
• 15 years minimum work experience in finance
• Audit or strategic consulting experience
• Some work experience in a multinational company, preferably with operations in Africa
• Advanced proficiency in accounting software tools, including Quickbooks
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Financial modeling expertise
• Ability to manage a global, multi-cultural team of finance and accounting staff
• Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature, ability and drive to work independently, solution-oriented
• Master's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent
Good to have
• Strong investment banking experience especially in Mergers and Acquisitions
• Demonstrated resourcefulness in proposing new ways of creating efficiencies and navigating global tax structures
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English)
• Not a bean counter
• Self starter and requires no operating manual
• Copious amounts of humour
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Best time of your life