Role and duties:
- Ensure the smooth implementation of project accounting activities, including (but not limited to): timely and accurate bank reconciliations, invoicing, monitoring of expenditure levels against budget and funding obligations, financial projections, and submission of monthly financial reports.
- Facilitate timely, accurate month-end closing, cash requests and cash reconciliations.
- Validate Field expenditure and ensure adequate supporting documents are available for expenditure.
- Review and provide support for the financial aspects of contract execution of local and international sub-implementing partners.
- Preparation of project journals and cashbooks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for cash management for the Nairobi office.
- Review of petty cash expenses submitted by the administration officer.
- PrepareNairobi requisitions and monthly transfers.
- Prepare payments for Nairobi in consultation with the teams.
- Preparation of statutory reports (NSSF, NHIF, Pensions, Sacco, PAYE, withholding tax) and ensures the submission of the same to the relevant authorities in a timely manner.
- Develop and update staff time sheets.
- Participate in audit processes of the organization by ensuring that files are organised, and sample files extracted on a timely manner.
- Reconcile payroll control accounts on the General Ledger on a prompt monthly basis (e.g. gratuity accrual).
- Reconcile bank and cash control accounts on the General Ledger for Somalia, Uganda, South Sudan, and Kenya on a prompt monthly basis.
- Assist in the preparation of NGO returns and provide them to the Finance Manager/ for approval before filing to the NGO board.
- Filing of financial documents in a neat, accurate and user-friendly way.
- Employ financial oversight and control mechanisms and procedures to ensure that all program expenses are in accordance with AET/donor financial policies, procedures, and rules and regulations.
- Handling staff travel advances and reconciliation of staff accounts.
- Any other duties as may be deemed necessary.
Note that candidates are expected to have the majority but not all of these skills and experience. Also note that candidates must have the right to work in Kenya.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or in relevant field
- CPAK or ACCA Finalist
- 2-5 years working experience in NGO Finance field
- Hands on experience in an accounting package
- Knowledge on statutory reporting and requirements
- Ability to communicate clearly with staff in other countries and cultures.
- Staff training skills, confidentiality, and honesty
- Advanced Excel skills
your application letter (one page) stating how you meet the above criteria, and
CV (three pages) with names of 3 referees.